Danaher Corporation Research Scientist in Orange, California
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
- Translate products’ concepts/insights into fast prototyping to evaluate technical feasibility.
- Independently plan and execute research in support of assigned development projects.
- Design and carry out experimental work using appropriate methods and instrumentation to scientifically confirm efficacy, stability, compatibility and reliability of formulation.
- Responsible for GLP studies (e.g., formula efficacy, toxicity, product chemistry, etc.), and supports clinical studies, regulatory submission, manufacturing scale-up and commercial launches by designing and executing overall formulation development strategies.
- Independently plan schedule of research according to project’s timetable, and establish daily or weekly routines to meet project timetable.
- Record experimental data according to established procedures, makes calculations, evaluates results, makes recommendations and maintains accurate records of work.
- Regularly applies scientific theory to reach conclusions based upon data analysis.
- Present scientific data and recommendation to influence internal stakeholder and drive project direction.
- Identify capability and safety gaps in laboratory. Independently develops solutions and drive the implementation.
- Regularly review scientific journals, patents, regulatory database, new technologies and competitive products to drive competitive advantages of product development pipelines.
- Handle initial patent disclosure and IP of new or existing outside technologies. Conveying all known patent and IP research to internal organization.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of new and existing products.
- Estimated 5% travel will be required for this position.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry or chemical engineering with 0-3 years of industry or post-doctoral/start-up environments are highly preferred; M.S with significant experience would be considered.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in wet chemistry and analytical chemistry (e.g., chromatography)
- In-depth understanding of colloid & surfactant science.
- Extensive hands-on experience in liquid formulation development.
- Understanding of EPA/FDA regulated products is a plus.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Orange
Req ID: KAV003269