Danaher Corporation Sr. Research Scientist in Orange, California
Danaher Company Description
Kerr Corporation is part of KaVo Kerr, a global leader of premier dental solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments. KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization united to provide dental excellence and serve as a premier partner for the dental community with a common vision to help our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential.
This Senior Research Scientist is expected to manage and/or support changes of marketed products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of existing Kerr products, from design input to design output, from raw materials to manufacturing of final products
- Establish Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for the design of responsible products
- Review and conduct impact assessment of changes
- Participate in executions of design changes and final approval of the changes. Including activities such as conducting engineering/scientific studies with written protocol and reports,risk assessment.
- Create design change documentations and maintain Design History Files (DHF) of responsible products
- Manage product sustaining projects, include core team management, project planning and execution
- Support other product sustaining activities such as manufacturing trouble shooting,nonconformance, supplier quality and interruption, CAPAs, product improvement initiations
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- Supervision of research associates
- 6 years of experience required in the field of polymer science, polymer chemistry, polymer engineering, or organic chemistry.
- 3 years of medical device experience. Dental materials experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Project management experience preferred
- Advanced degrees in required field preferred
- Limited travel
- Desire to continuously learn and develop self.
- Effective with commonly used computer programs, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Possess leadership skills for leading working team and direct reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organization/time management skills. Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the enterprise, as well as various groups such as Regulatory, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Marketing, Customer Service, Sales) and external customers and suppliers. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work in front of a computer screen. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please no faxes or phone calls. Only considered candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Kerr Corporation!
/Kerr Corporation//is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law./
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Orange
Req ID: KAV001304