Danaher Corporation Production Manager in Oregon
Danaher Company Description
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific ( www.seabird.com ) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. We develop and manufacture precision sensors for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic and environmental water quality parameters. We offer products with unparalleled precision and accuracy to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. Our customers include research institutes, ocean observing programs, national and local government agencies, engineering firms, environmental consulting businesses, and navies throughout the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities.
The Production Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for providing leadership, direction and hand-on problem solving while driving process improvements, managing personnel and achieving both short term and long term objectives.
- Oversee the departments responsible for instrument manufacture (Electronic Assembly and Test, Production).
- Manage and mentor Supervisors, Leads and Associates, including setting department-level goals and conducting regular performance reviews
- Develop, implement and maintain effective means of communicating key performance indicators
- Actively engage in problem solving and trouble shooting of daily issues
- Drive process improvements to achieve goals for safety, quality, delivery (to both internal and external customers), inventory and productivity
- Manage labor availability to complete work loads, and manage cross-training to increase labor flexibility
- Identify and recommend improvement projects
- Participate in and facilitate kaizen or improvement project teams, including benchmarking when necessary
Interface with other Managers to achieve common goals using shared resources, particularly those managing downstream departments
Participate in Strategic Policy Deployment
- Participate in Manufacturing Design and/or Readiness reviews
WET Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (physical science, engineering, etc.) preferred, or a business related field
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools (problem analysis, statistical tools, experimental design, graphing tools, etc.)
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- 2-4 years of experience directly supervising non-exempt staff preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite
- Electro-mechanical skills and/or familiarity with oceanographic equipment a plus
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: WET Labs
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-Oregon
Req ID: WET000089