Danaher Corporation Category Director, Electronics Components in Orlando, Florida
The Category Director, Electronic Components, is responsible for working with Danaher operating companies to determine the current and future needs of the assigned commodity(s) and develop & deploy commodity strategy plans and solutions to address the business needs. This position is responsible in leading a core team representing the operating company stakeholders to identify opportunities through the procurement commodity management process to achieve leveraged benefits. Leadership is a key requirement as this individual will utilize team members to formulate and execute appropriate strategies for the selected spend categories which result in overall total cost reduction and quality/service sustained improvements. Other accountabilities include extensive commodity analysis for spend and pricing data, identifying opportunities for consolidated negotiations based on operating company data, evaluating and selection of preferred suppliers based on performance criteria, leveraging of price agreement negotiations, managing and improving supplier performance requirements, leading workshops & kaizen events, training acquisition associates on Danaher sourcing tools, methodologies & processes, and, analyzing, reporting, and delivering supply chain objectives and project savings expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
· Ownership of Commodity Strategy Plan Process for Electronic components
· Ability to develop, strategic & financial plans related to Electronic Components
· Have an established network and relationship with market suppliers in the Electronics Components
· Work within the Electronics Commodity team to develop & support the Components strategy for EMS & Key Technology categories.
· Develop and implement “best-in-class” supply chain processes to support Electronic Components sourcing at Operating Company facilities with an eye on improving supply continuity
· Dotted line responsibility for coordination of activities of other categories and procurement professionals.
· Provide coaching, mentoring and support to Commodity team members.
· Champion Commodity Core Team Initiatives Throughout Danaher.
· Drive Implementation of Danaher ‘Preferred’ Suppliers Across the Enterprise
· Actively Participate in Preparation and Executing Corporate-Wide Sourcing Events
· Manage Supplier Performance for Focused Categories
Year-Over-Year Improvement of Direct/Indirect Total Cost for Assigned Categories
Preferred Supplier Improvements of Direct/Indirect Categories for Assigned Categories
Overall Continuous & Sustained Improvements of Supply Base for Assigned Categories
Action Plan Achievements from Commodity Strategy Plans for Assigned Categories
Management of Danaher Core Team Established for Assigned Categories
Negotiation skills and techniques leveraging collaboration to drive win-win solutions to optimize cost and performance
Ability to influence others - must be able to inform, influence, and collaborate with others to action on key initiatives of the Specific Categories Assigned at all levels in the organization (up and down), internally and externally
Developing organizational talent - must be able to develop commodity team members
Project Management and execution
Technical excellence - must possess the technical knowledge and skills necessary to be create followership and collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners
Strong Results orientation - must deliver sustainable results aligned with functional priorities
Independent, self-starter – able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction
Need to be positive and high energy and able to handle difficult situations
Ability & willingness to work in a matrixed organization with direct & indirect reporting relationships
Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering with focus and study in Electronics or related areas. MBA (or advanced degree) preferred.
10-15 years overall business experience with the most recent 5 years of that in sourcing activities, sales, operations, or procurement roles associated with Electronic Components and Electronics Distribution
Experience & demonstrated abilities to enable cost improvements via expert negotiation skills, collaboration, process improvements & project management
Experience in managing & driving performance excellence with Sole and/or Single Sourced partners
Ability to manage the sourcing of electronics related to regulatory and customer requirements
Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices will enhance the candidate’s ability to communicate with DHR business associates
Ability to work well in a multicultural, cross-functional, and matrixed environment
Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders.
Experience in structuring contracts and managing business relationships
Demonstration of continuing education in sourcing and supply chain
Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
- This position is critical to the success of Danaher Corporation with respect to achievement of sustained margin expansion, supplier risk management, compliance requirements, supplier quality and operating profit in support of ‘Funding The Growth and Innovation’ for Danaher.
Key Internal Relationships
Reports to the Senior Director, Global Sourcing & Commodity Management
Supports Procurement Leaders at Operating Companies
Interacts with Danaher Supply Chain Leaders & Danaher Opco Commodity Leaders
Interacts with Danaher Corporate Executive Leadership Team
English fluency required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information, influence, persuade, and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, peers, and suppliers. Additional language skills are beneficial.
Frequent travel of up to 30% is required and may be exceed these levels at times. Travel regions may include but are not limited to Europe, the US, and countries in Asia or South America.