Danaher Corporation Sales Engineers - various locations UK & Ireland in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Videojet Technologies, Inc. is the global leader in the manufacturing of coding, printing and marking products. This high technology product prints variable information, such as expiration dates on grocery products, packaged goods, pharmaceuticals or catalogues. As the market share leader, we have operations in over 30 countries with 2600 employees worldwide. A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (www.danaher.com), Videojet is the core of the $800 million Product Identification Platform. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused and growth-oriented, guided by the phenomenally successful Danaher Business System. Working at Videojet, gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
We are looking for great talent, forfutureopportunities. This is an evergreen / pipeline position, to help us proactively identify potential candidates forfutureopenings.
Purpose of the Position: The primary purpose of this position is to specify and sell the full range of Videojet coding and marking equipment. This includes Industrial small character inkjet, High resolution case printing, and Thermal Inkjet and Laser solutions, throughout the specified geography. The post holder is required to provide these solutions to all vertical markets. In addition to the technical hardware selling, there is a strong requirement to sell a variety of finance and service agreements to Videojet customers. Customer retention and growth through new business activity are two key drivers.
- Secure and grow revenue within a select region, covering existing and new customers
- Sell Videojet equipment (CIJ, Laser, TIJ, LPA, LCM,) – key metric:monthly revenue to target, Technology to target etc.
- Sell service and supplies contracts to existing and new customers – key metrics:monthly revenue to target
- Cold canvas territory, investigate, generate & follow up on sales leads – key metrics: customer visits per target [# visits per week]
- communicate at all levels, in particular senior level within these prestigious accounts to ensure we maximize our potential.
- Always thinking about, planning and delivering the big picture to our customers
Be able to combine robust long term planning (large projects) with measurable short term gains (KPI’s and smaller projects
Prepare progress, funnel and forecast reports on a weekly and monthly basis for the Sales Manager
- KPI driven with required data on time and complete in our CRM - S.F.D.C.
- Technical ability to survey and specify equipment/accessories/software solutions at prospective customer sites
- Perform as part of a team or a strong individual as and when required
- Deliver on site equipment demonstrations and arrange for trials at customers’ sites
- Participate in regional/national trade shows
- Remain abreast of competitive sales practices to maximise sales
- Travel and perform other duties as required.
Additional Responsibilities: * Ensure preparation of print samples for customers * Survey and specify equipment/accessories at prospective customer sites * Perform on-site demonstrations and arrange for trials at customers’ sites * Participate in regional/national trade shows * Remain abreast of competitive sales practices to maximise sales * Handle any customer enquiries * Travel and perform other duties as required.
Experience: * Must have a proven track record of sales into production, manufacturing or other technical B2B environments * Relevant technical experience in an Engineering, Production or Manufacturing field * Demonstrated success in a process driven, performance measured role. Preferred Sales or Service roles.
Qualifications: A technical qualification is desirable but not essential. Ability to travel within own territory, often to remote industrial locations, at short notice.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Videojet Technologies
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom
Req ID: VID004365