Danaher Corporation Danaher Business Systems Leader - Operations/Plant Manager in Pensacola, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
A DBSL is responsible for promoting and facilitating the successful implementation of the Danaher Business System (DBS) at Danaher companies, allowing those sites to meet their Policy Deployment (PD) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets.
Primary Responsibilities: * Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in QDCI (Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation) that is tied to Policy Deployment (PD) and Daily Management (DM) by leveraging DBS tools, consulting skills, and the change management process. * Assist site / company Leadership in the development of a DBS Roadmap (i.e., how to use the DBS tools to drive sustainable improvement in results). * Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching * Facilitate other DBS training sessions when appropriate (other trainers and consultants from Danaher, Shingijutsu or other). * Be an active Leader in PD and Daily Management reviews (as appropriate) * Help Danaher continue the evolution of the DBS tools (main contact here is DBS Office or DBSO). * Ensure successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring compliance to the kaizen process (includes; (1) planning of kaizens with a dynamic funnel process tied to PD and Daily Management, (2) kaizen execution and (3) sustainment of kaizens). * Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide expert counsel on appropriate DBS tools to eliminate them * Improve DBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in DBS tools (MBB process for self and others). * Promote and facilitate associate development in various DBS tools and kaizen leadership. * Evaluate and approve Associates for MBB certification. * Benchmark and incorporate best practices from other Danaher locations.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Appropriate practioner experience in function/area supporting (e.g., if DBSL to support New Product Development
* Significant practitioner experience in functions/areas supporting (e.g., New Product Development practioner if a DBSL supporting Innovation through improvements in New Product Development processes).
* Effective coaching and mentoring skills
* Provide dynamic, participant-centered training
* Demonstrated proficiency applying lean principles in a variety of situations.
* Implement DBS Fundamentals in a variety of situations * Champion DBS and develop and install best practices across diverse business environments * Hands-on and detail-oriented but also able to see the big picture. * Able to think strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint.
* Very customer focused and has strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* Quick study who can rapidly adapt to Danaher’s culture and gain the confidence of the Danaher organization.
* High energy and able to handle conflict.
* Independent worker, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and able to effectively deal with difficult situations. * Assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view * Design, develop, and implement a DBS roadmap for an operating business * Mastery of a variety of DBS tools (either Lean or Growth related DBS Tools, depending on areas(s) they support). * Superior communications skills * Superior training, consulting and influencing skills * Familiarity with various manufacturing process technologies (if supporting Operations areas). * Good writing and administrative skills, including computer skills * Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management * DBSLs assigned to non-English-speaking locations must be able to read, speak, and write in English as well as read, speak, and write in the local language
Qualifications: * BS or BA Degree in Business or Engineering required; * 10 years Product Development Experience including a range of projects.
Preferred Qualifications: * Master’s Degree preferred
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Pensacola
Req ID: LIF003852