Danaher Corporation Production Process Engineer (Pensacola, FL or Putnam, CT in Pensacola, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
- Responsible for leading and supporting product engineering activities within Pall Life Sciences, primarily in the Pall Pensacola manufacturing plant. This position supports manufacturing and quality operations by driving and managing significant technical changes to media products and manufacturing processes utilizing structured change control methodologies. These changes include, but are not limited to, transfer of new products/processes into manufacturing, transfer of existing products/processes between manufacturing sites, qualification of changes in raw materials, and major changes in product or manufacturing process designs. Additionally, this position supports the manufacturing operations in investigating significant manufacturing issues to identify root cause and implement effective corrective actions using structured problem solving techniques and sound statistical methods with the end result of improving consistency and predictability product quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes as typically acquired by completion of a Bachelor of Science/Art (BS/BA) in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer science, or other engineering/technically equivalent field and, additionally, eight or more years of progressive experience in process engineering, product engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, and/or product development assignments.
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing of high quality web based polymeric materials (such as membranes, polymer films, polymeric fibers, and/or nonwoven synthetic fabrics); a track record demonstrating strong trouble shooting and process improvement skills ; a track record demonstrating strong project management skills; the ability to effectively lead cross functional teams; and the ability to manage change in a cGMP environment.
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills (Six Sigma Green Belt or willingness to achieve highly preferred); Proficiency executing/implementing Design of Experiments (DOE’s), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Ishikawa Diagrams, optimization, and other systematic tools with a track record demonstrating use of these skills.
- Proficiency in use of the latest versions of the following software packages or equivalent: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint (required), Quality Analyst and/or Minitab (preferred, ability to learn required); Microsoft Project (preferred); Microsoft Industrial SQL (optional); Allen Bradley RS 5000 (optional); Wonderware Factory Suite (optional); AutoDesk AutoCAD LT (optional).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in oral and written forms at any level within the organization, and interact effectively with customers and external business professionals.
- Strong program/project management, leadership, team building, and mentoring skills; must be able to drive business relevant projects and ensure a positive impact for customers.
- Knowledge and ability to apply standards and codes published by such authorities as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements preferred.
Ability to prioritize activities and to remain flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
To work safely and to comply with the company’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures. (Mandatory- Do not Remove)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Pensacola
Req ID: PAL001853