Danaher Corporation Production Supervisor in Pensacola, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Position Located: Pensacola, FL
(Shift: Weekend/Days: Fri-Sun 1 st week, 545am-615pm; Thur-Sun 2 nd week, 545am-615pm) 36/48 – avg 42 hrs/week)
A Production Supervisor will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of their assigned area’s resources, including all personnel (direct hourly), process equipment and materials utilized for the manufacturing of PALL Pensacola media.
Essential Job Functions :
Associate (Direct Hourly) Management Responsibilities:
- Attendance monitoring and time card approval
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP), i.e. operational discipline
- Coordination and tracking of associate training, assuring full compliance with all documented requirements
- Creation and facilitation of associate career development plans utilizing PALL Career Ladder as guide
- Write and conduct yearly performance reviews
Conflict resolution and disciplinary actions in accordance with PALL Pensacola Employee Handbook
Production Scheduling & Assignment of Work:
- Schedule work assignments, breaks and lunches to ensure adequate staffing to meet production requirements
- Assign associates to manufacturing processes based on production needs and level of experience of available, i.e. achieve the highest level of productivity possible
- Maintain and adjust production schedule to guarantee on-time delivery of products to meet customer demand and to ensure execution of the Level Load process
- Clearly communicate with outgoing and incoming shift Production Supervisors to disseminate all relevant information, i.e. seamless continuity of manufacturing
Participate in weekly scheduling review meeting (as required)
Operations Monitoring & Improvement of Manufacturing Processes:
Create and maintain a safe working environment through proactive observations, application of 4E (JSA) and HazMat Handling (where applicable).
- Monitor Critical-to-Quality (CTQs) media metrics, e.g. Delta-P, KL, Thickness, Basis Weight, etc. through Statistical Process Control (SPC) to maintain manufacture of the highest quality media possible
- Ensure recognition, coordinate and execution of adjustments to the process using formally documented and approved Corrective Methods (CMs)
- Review scrap and downtime data sheets at the end of the shift for accurate and timely reporting of downtime and scrap, additionally complete Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) documentation
- Escalate any manufacturing process issues in a timely manner to minimize scrap and downtime
- Utilize company data systems, e.g. SAP, MMIS, MVP, etc.
Contribute to improving manufacturing processes through solution-based ideation for continuous improvements and use of Danaher Business System (DBS) tools, e.g. Kaizen, PSP and 4E
Maintaining Daily Visual Management Boards (VMB):
On a shift-by-shift basis, complete daily (or hourly) updates to the cell and/or Value Stream level specific VMB for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity (SQDIP) to enable effective communication of current manufacturing line status
Proper documentation and timely completion of assigned temporary counter measures
Preventative Maintenance of Manufacturing Equipment:
Plan, coordinate, and document preventative maintenance and condition monitoring of area specific equipment, including the use of the MVP system
- Responsible for all area specific manufacturing equipment being maintained in “as-new” condition
Develop and maintain area specific critical equipment spares list and work with the maintenance department in maintaining proper storeroom levels of these parts and tooling necessary for the operation of the assigned line
Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution of Manufacturing Equipment:
Identify process and equipment problems to determine root cause(s) and implement appropriate corrective action(s) utilizing cross-functional teams
- Escalate any equipment issues in a timely manner to minimize scrap and downtime
Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, other technically equivalent engineering field, or management degree required with 2 to 5 years’ direct manufacturing supervisory experience preferred.
- Safety first mentality established through active participation in developing, maintaining and improving safety systems and culture within a manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated ownership through a high level of accountability and delivering of meaningful results
- Must act with a sense of urgency in the timely completion of assigned tasks/projects
- Strong interpersonal skills which facilitates effective and efficient communication at all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical skills, e.g. use of Structured Problem Solving methodologies, Statistics, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Value Stream Mapping (VSM), etc.
- Experienced in the concepts and implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt strongly preferred
Must be proficient in basic Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Statistical Software such as Quality Analyst, JMP or Minitab strongly preferred
The production supervisor will value and leverage diversity to ensure inclusion at all levels of the organization
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Pensacola
Req ID: PAL002091