Danaher Corporation Applications Implementation Specialist - Cerebro in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
As an Applications Specialist your primary responsibility is to work with customers to implement, train and deliver a specimen tracking system that supports their lab workflow. You will participate as a technical lead, advising customers by understanding the customer’s needs, conducting workflow analysis of the lab, their network, operating systems, database, PC configuration, etc. and be able to provide recommendations to the customer.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for Account Managers during sales negotiations
- Define scope of work for projects and works with customer’s project manager if provided
- Ensure that customer has right specifications for software and hardware
- Coordinate work with customer and IT vendors
- Interact with IT personnel to verify setup of network, operating systems, database, server configurations and Interfaces
- Perform system installations at customer sites
- Ensure installed systems are verified and validated
- Train customer's staff on use of Cerebro system
- Test and document application functionality
- Extensive interaction with other roles including Project Management, Sales, Technical Services.
- Participate in sales meetings and national and local trade shows as needed
Travel: 80% travel – overnight travel could be up to a week at a time based on customer’s needs
Territory: Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office/laboratory environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- BA/BS in Medical Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Working knowledge on installing and upgrading clients / servers in addition to installing additional peripherals such as network interfaces, firewalls, barcode readers, printers etc.
- Experience with Windows Server and working knowledge of SQL
- Experience in LIS and HL7 integration
- Technology (IT) server and network experience in Healthcare environment
- Understanding of anatomic pathology or experience in medical lab environment
- Ability to train customer’s staff and internal sales staff on use of systems
- Ability to define and execute project plans in collaboration with internal and external resources
- Ability to discuss required network, system resources and security requirements with customer IT managers
- Strong skills in investigating, troubleshooting system and network issues or strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Integration of B2B systems through industry standard interfaces
PMP or Project Management experience
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-DC-Washington
Req ID: SEL001269