Danaher Corporation Territory Representative in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Danaher Company Description
HemoCue, acquired by Radiometer Medical ApS in April 2013, is a global leader in point-of-care testing. We are convinced that HemoCue point-of-care testing contributes to better healthcare, by providing the data you need, when and where you need it, to make accurate healthcare decisions quickly. In 1982, HemoCue AB introduced the first accurate, near-patient hemoglobin test. The company also sells point-of-care tests for glucose, urine albumin, HbA1c, total and differential white blood cell count which are being used in over 130 countries. Further information, visit http://www.hemocue.com
Radiometer - Make an impact on life. The difference between life and death can be just a few minutes. Radiometer’s diagnostic equipment is of crucial importance to doctors all over the world in their effort to diagnose critically ill patients quickly and accurately. From biotech and software specialists to financial controllers and engineers, all 2500 colleagues are committed and dedicated in their effort to make an impact on the life of others with our high-quality solutions. Radiometer’s leading position in the market has been secured over the last 50 years. Together we continue to raise the bar in acute care and constantly develop in new areas. Radiometer has an annual turnover of more than DKK 3 billion and is owned by US-based Danaher Corporation.
Radiometer is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* GENERAL SUMMARY & OVERALL CHALLENGES * This position is responsible for selling healthcare professionals on use of point-of-care testing in both physician offices and hospital markets through our approved distribution channels. Teaching distribution partners how to sell our products is paramount in an ever expanding competitive environment. Effective territory management, efficient use of time in the field, development of strong relationships, and management of the business through our CRM are all critical components to this position.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Targets accounts for growth in line with target markets and accounts identified; implements fee increases or price changes; introduces new products and services.
- Increases the profitability of existing accounts by analyzing profitability, product and service portfolio and communicating plans with customers and executing solutions.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels within the account (e.g., physician, office staff); with internal support positions and with operations to maximize efficiency of processes.
- Research customer problems and direct resolution/prevention to appropriate new Department/Area.
- Account Management Activities when needed (pricing increases, etc.).
- Prepare reports for management.
- Collect and channel market dynamics information (competitive, etc.).
- Target and secure profitable new business in line with regional marketing strategy by effectively targeting prospective accounts, creating in-depth prospect profiles, building relationships, prepare and present proposals, and securing the business.
- Educate new customers on all HemoCue, processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely transactions.
- Participate with local leadership in developing overall business unit plans for increasing volume and profitability through implementation and execution of national strategies and initiatives.
- Prepare and present proposals and bids by using all standard processes, procedures and templates.
- Proposes pricing quote structures for potential and existing customers for maximum quantity sales volume. Ongoing follow-up with renegotiation on contract expiration, with approval of Sales Management and Controller.
- Stay abreast of changes in the market place impacting customers. Maintain a working knowledge of company products and those of competitors and share this information with leadership.
- Ensure total compliance with all company polices and government regulations.
- Maintain customer contacts and pipeline management utilizing Salesforce.com.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by manager.
* REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION * Experience * Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and general economics of business * Five years of successful sales experience in medical products industry preferred
Bachelor's degree in a Business, Marketing, or the Life Sciences or related field; or the equivalent years of education and experience
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Proficient use of a CRM to manage business
- Travel (required estimated % of time)
- The 1st year, training and on-boarding will be out in Brea, CA. This will be 3 weeks of travel.
- 1 week of travel needed for our National Sales Meeting
35% travel for typical territory travel/coverage
- Ability to develop and sustain strong customer relationships
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
Diversity & Inclusion
- At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-PA-Philadelphia
Req ID: HEM000577