Danaher Corporation Customer Care & Inside Sales Manager in Pomona, California
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
Provides leadership, direction and motivation to the Customer Care and Inside Sales Departments to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, employee engagement and achievement of established production, performance and revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and ensure compliance of both corporate and departmental policies and procedures for the Customer Care and Inside Sales staff related to attendance, order processing, shipping, billing, returns, credits, technical support, managing customer relationships, sales and sales support.
• Set expectations and establish performance based/results oriented metrics to drive productivity, including order volume, call volume, dropped calls, error rates, grade of service, quality, etc.
• Develop Standard work and work instructions to ensure consistency of procedures.
• Work cross-functionally to create and maintain SOPs for policies and procedures, ensuring compliance and consistency around Customer Care Department functions.
• Implement strong Daily Management practices, to motivate achievement of set targets and develop KPI’s to ensure sustainable results.
• Establish and maintain close relationships with customer care and inside sales staff, outside sales team, marketing and operations personnel to serve the business’ internal and external customers in the most effective manner.
• Evaluate, develop and execute global customer care initiatives and make recommendations for process improvement of systems, including the use and management of Oracle, Tableau, CRM and its capabilities (i.e. backorder notification system, contact mgt system and available to promise system).
• Direct the analysis of customer records, corrections and/or modifications within corporate guidelines.
• Acquire and demonstrate a high level of knowledge about the business, products and services to best meet customer needs.
• Create and implement effective training and professional development programs for customer care covering policies, procedures, product features/benefits, product liability, customer care and computer related applications for the Customer Care staff.
• Develop and monitor an annual operating budget.
• Oversees Sunshine Act reporting, SOX compliance guidelines, government contracts, DSO and International customer service/order entry activities.
• Manages and oversees pricing, price lists, enforcement of promotion guidelines, approvals, new product launch support, account management, grants and donations, loyalty rewards program, doctor locator entries, lead qualification, lead nurturing and support for key accounts.
• Provides direction to supervisory employees in the Customer Care Department.
• Oversees the supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Manage and motivate the inside sales team to achieve set sales targets.
• Suggest and implement improvements to the inside sales administration process
• Report on sales metrics and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
• Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new promotions and product positioning
• Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement and accelerate market penetration
• Liaise with Marketing and Product Management to ensure brand consistency and increase sales
• Build and sustain an open-communication environment for your team
• Directly supervises of 1-2 departmental supervisors, 10-16 Customer Care Coordinators and 4-6 Inside Sales Representatives
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a related discipline from a four-year college or university. Experience Customer Service/Public Relations, Business Analytics, Operations, Inside Sales Management or high volume call center with a manufacturer of consumable goods.
- 2-3yrs management or supervisory experience in Customer Service/Public Relations, Business Analytics or Operations with Inside Sales Management or high volume call center experience in a consumable goods industry. Medical/dental preferred
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
Military experience a plus.
Ability to develop and manage a team, take initiative and follow through on tasks and commitments.
- Ability to implement strong Daily Management practices around standard work and SOPs
- Ability to create followership through cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to run reports and analyze data, working with key business applications (i.e. oracle, tableau, access, excel etc.)
- Ability to compute common business figures such as percentages, discounts, ratios, etc. and draw and interpret charts and graphs
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to define problems, collect data, run reports, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to develop key customer service metrics for defining success and lead the team in tracking and achieving goals
- Ability to work with IT, Operations and Customer Service leadership to develop the necessary back-end infrastructure to manage and track customer issues and coordinate support on related products
- Ability to lead the team in the development of standardized training content that ensures high customer satisfaction
- Ability to make informed decisions regarding the execution of initiatives, policies and procedures.
Ability to develop and define processes for phone technical and field support in handling customer issues and complaints
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ormco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Pomona
Req ID: ORM001224