Danaher Corporation Strategic Sourcing - Analyst Buyer in Pomona, California
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
Summary: * Under the direction of the Sr. Manager Procurement, theStrategic Sourcing - Analyst Buyer *position is directly involved with the management and support of the upstream and downstream value-added flow and costs of materials/commodities (Chemicals; Packaging; Metals & Plastics; others) as they relate to Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Innovation and Cost. Establishes/maintains key Metrics and performance measurements, and is involved with project management of key products, programs, and/or suppliers.
*Key Activities: * Use DBS (Danaher Business System) and procurement tools to qualify, approve, manage suppliers; Interface with cross functional teams to drive PPV & VAVE initiatives, track and publish KPIs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned, in addition to those identified below.
* Interfaces with Purchasing Commodity Buyers/Managers, Planners, Process Engineers, Quality Assurance, various Finance/Accounting personnel, Operations/Production personnel and Suppliers to support annual $45 M direct material spend
* Responsible for generation and sustainment of Year Over Year (YOY) 4.25% PPV and VAVE improvements either through individual, team or cross-functional involvement
* Participates and leads workshops for PPV and VAVE that reviews spending and manufacturing activities to identify ways to reduce costs without sacrificing quality
* Utilizes Danaher Business System (DBS) and reporting tools to extrapolate, analyze and interpret data to help assess and deliver both PPV and VAVE
* Supports DBS, Danaher programs, Auctions, New Benchmarks, System changes, etc
* Supplier management through a supplier qualification process, which may include site visits and audits, desk top audit, that incorporates accepted standards of practice, based on Quality, Delivery, Cost, Innovation, Inventory to help consider, evaluate and qualify potential supplier candidates.
* Manage supplier files, set up / maintain supplier in the ERP system, create and publish reports to support procurement KPIs * Evaluate and measure supplier performance utilizing supplier score card tool to ensure performance meets expectations, including lead time, warehouse receipt requirements, Quality and contract commitment * As required Provide commodity support (i.e. mechanical, machining, electronics, molding, chemical) * Support and/or participates in cross-functional project teams related to planning, product and process improvement initiatives as assigned * Measure accurate and efficient execution of procurement responsibilities * Comply with all accounting practices, audit procedures, purchasing policies / procedures and compliance policies
Education/Experience: * Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Materials Engineer “preferred”) or Operations Management field. * 2 – 3 Years Procurement Experience in FDA regulated business environment Preferred: * * APICS / CPIM Certification preferred * Understanding & Experience with Purchasing Compliance requirements; Audits desired * Experience with Oracle ERP system *Desired Skills * Strong organizational, analytical and mathematical skills * Strong Initiative and proven Project Management skills * Strong Problem solving skills * Detail-oriented and able to multi-task without losing focus * Ability to work with ambiguity and in matrix organization * Demonstrate “Global thinking” mentality * Curious about how things are made and how to make them better * “High energy”, self-driven to goals and results with a positive “Can Do” attitude * Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively work with many levels and types of people and cross functional teams * Strong written and oral skills, ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
Physical Demands: * The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds * Travel: Moderate travel including some international travel is required (< 20%) in performance of this position * The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Kerr Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Pomona
Req ID: KAV002455