Danaher Corporation Materals Scientist in Port Washington, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
- Provide technical leadership in material characterization and metrology development to support current product manufacturing and new product development
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead Material Characterization to Support Manufacturing Process
- Lead and manage material characterization activities, provide guidance and consultation as a subject matter expert;
- Interact with cross-functional teams and investigate problems related to filter component properties;
- Perform or direct material testing in house or at external labs;
- Produce reports or presentations on findings as needed;
- Create standard practice to enable a smooth and efficient material characterization process;
- Maintain and expand in-house testing capability;
- Establish connection with external testing resources;
- Lead Research Activities to Develop New Tool Boxes
- Identify technology gaps in current tool box, and explore new opportunities for raw material, intermediate, or final product characterization;
- Develop fundamental understanding of material properties –performance relationship;
- Validate and implement new metrology to improve product quality control;
- PhD in (material science, polymer science, chemistry or chemical engineering) with 0-3 years of industrial R&D experience;
- MS or equivalent in (material science, polymer science, chemistry or chemical engineering) with 3-5 years of industrial R&D experience;
- 5 years of hands-on experience in advanced characterization techniques for polymeric materials, evaluating surface, mechanical, chemical, thermal, rheological, and morphological properties;
- Deep understanding of material structure-property-application relationship, particularly mechanisms causing surface and mechanical property issues;
- Experienced in managing multiple projects and working with multifunctional teams;
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Good team player;
- Strong hands on capability;
- To work safely and to comply with the company’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures. (Mandatory- Do not Remove)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Port Washington
Req ID: LIF003688