Danaher Corporation Senior Manager - Information Systems Compliance in Port Washington, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Under the guidance of the Director of IT Security, the Senior Manager – Information Systems Compliance is responsible for establishing and maintaining a global, corporate wide information systems compliance program to ensure that information assets are managed in compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
Initially this role will be primarily focused on IT SOX Compliance. However, over time, the focus will expand to include compliance to other regulations and to other organizational imperatives as outlined below.
Provide direction and oversight to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance as applicable to information systems including liaising with finance, other internal stakeholders, internal and external auditors
- Identify risks and key controls in conjunction with business process and IT owners
- Participate in hands-on SOX control testing activities
- Reviews results of tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness for key controls and assesses the significance of potential findings
- Assist with the remediation of key control failures with process owners to evaluate root causes for the failure and to determine potential solutions to improve the internal control environment
- Maintain the repository of key controls and testing results to facilitate periodic reporting to senior management and the Audit Committee and champion internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the company.
- Develop, implement and monitor a global, strategic and comprehensive enterprise information systems compliance program:
- Ensure compliance to the Payment Card Industry / DSS standard as applicable to Pall Corporation information systems.
- Provide oversight and ensure compliance to the Department of Defense / NIST regulations and standards as applicable to Pall Corporation information systems.
- Ensure compliance to the European Privacy Law (GDPR) as applicable to Pall Corporation across all facets of information systems.
- Develop, maintain and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards and guidelines. Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices
- Create and manage a unified and flexible control framework to integrate and normalize the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from global laws, standards and regulations.
- Ensure that security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk and audit findings.
- Provide support to corporate audit team during periodic audits
- Proactively work with the Pall functional groups (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Finance, HR), and business units to implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security.
- Enable all assurance activities related to the availability, integrity and confidentiality of customer, business partner, employee and business information to be in compliance with the organization's information security policies.
- Create and manage information security and risk management awareness training programs for all employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Create, communicate and implement a risk-based process for vendor risk management, including the assessment and treatment for risks that may result from partners, consultants and other service providers
- Perform related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required
- Travel both domestic and international up to 25%
Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor’s Degree * 8 years of experience in Information Systems Compliance related roles. * In depth understanding and hands-on experience with managing Information Systems Compliance to the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act including liaising with internal stakeholders, internal auditors and external auditors Skills and Knowledge: * Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as the PCI/DSS Standard, European Privacy Law (GDPR) and DoD/NIST standards * Sound knowledge of technical SOX controls and experience implementing controls and directing SOX remediation activities in SAP. * Sound understanding of SAP Security and SAP GRC. * In depth understanding and hands-on experience with managing Information Systems Compliance to the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act including liaising with internal stakeholders, internal auditors and external auditors * Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as the PCI/DSS Standard, European Privacy Law (GDPR) and DoD/NIST standards * A working knowledge of current information security technologies. * A track record of working in collaboration with cross-functional teams to manage compliance. * Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences. * Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations. * Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills. * Exhibit excellent analytic skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives. * Project management skills: scheduling and resource management. * Ability to lead and motivate technical teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals. * High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity. * High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Port Washington
Req ID: SHA000736