Danaher Corporation Regional Technical Specialist - OR - (Field Service Tech) - Level 3 in Portland, Oregon
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
As a Regional Technical Specialist, you are the front line of KaVo Kerr’s customer interaction through daily service and support. In this role, you operate from home and commute to our customer sites throughout your assigned territory providing professional field technical support and consultation that supplements product sales growth. The primary function of this position is to support independent and major accounts, performing complex technical duties related to KaVo Kerr products by managing escalated issues and support dealer partners for service and installs in an assigned territory. You also serve as a mentor for other Field Support team members, handle customer escalations, and execute technical projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Territory development in conjunction with Territory Sales Manager.
- High focus on the customer relationship and presentation of service activities/service offerings.
- Create and grow multiple aspects of our business through supporting regional and company goals.
- Identifying, owning, and tracking any issues with an account, according to escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
- Point of escalation for troubleshooting of our products and services. Ensure dealers in assigned territory are adequately supported for service and installs.
- Rapid reaction to escalated and customer down issues and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Own the customer issue to resolution and complete service documents
- Provide reports to management.
- Ability to transfer acquired knowledge to Field Support personnel through established internal procedures. The types of knowledge transfer would utilize internal documentation, curriculum development, writing procedures and directly training personnel.
- Mentor and support Field Support team members.
- Coordinate all direct installations within assigned territory.
- Ensure dealer technical training needs are met within assigned territory.
- Maintain records of dealer technicians that have completed training.
- Provides telephone technical support for dealer partners and end users.
This position will require strong interpersonal face-to-face, phone, and email skills and a strong customer focus resolving and troubleshooting customer issues. It will include troubleshooting/installing equipment on site with service technicians and solving application problems with the end user that may or may not be comfortable using a computer. This position requires working non-standard hours and includes travel that may occur on weekends when necessary. The role requires supporting and performing complex technical duties related to KaVo Kerr products, by answering customer/dealer questions or resolving issues in the field. This role serves as a technical liaison in an assigned territory that handles customer escalations, installs assists, direct installs and executes technical projects. This role requires flexibility in work schedule and the ability to work holidays and overtime, and travel 75% as dictated by business needs.
- 2 years of college or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of experience in advanced troubleshooting imaging equipment products in the field environment.
- 2 years of experience in a customer facing position.
- 3-4 years of troubleshooting and resolving issues related to Windows operating systems, file structure, permissions, hardware peripherals, databases, and networks.
- 2 years of experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously. Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Depending on region, must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time, with the possibility of being away from home for 3 nights at a time.
Requires a valid state driver's license and a clean driving record as the position entails extensive use of personal car while on company business.
2 or 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own and develop territory.
- Advanced MySQL and MAC OS knowledge a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sense of Urgency – Having the drive and motivation to take action and prioritize daily tasks; working strategically to ensure we are getting to every customer.
- Leadership – Must be able to inspire others to act on key initiatives.
- Teamwork – Must be willing and able to work closely and effectively with other departments, peers, etc.
- Customer Focused – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind.
- Ability to influence others – Must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to act on initiatives or to provide assistance.
- Results orientation – Must consistently deliver results.
- Communication – Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms.
- Professional Work and Detail Orientation – Must have excellent attention to detail, and all work must be at a high level of professionalism.
- Project Management – implement and manage projects and present reports defining project progress, and problems and solutions.
Personal Trait Profile:
- Independent thinker
- Strong interpersonal phone and email skills
- Customer focused
- Strong problem solver
- Results driven
- Team and customer oriented
- Detail oriented
- Patience and flexibility
- Willingness to advance
- Team orientation (knows when to lead and when to follow)
- Lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy and can drive change successfully
- Logical and creative thinker
- Poised, strong personal impact
- Ability to influence others – credible
- Leadership and facilitation skills
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 70 pounds at the waist and 25 pounds overhead. Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Be able to stand, kneel, squat, bend and work at odd angles frequently throughout the day. Be able to climb a ladder and work above head.
Dental Imaging Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-OR-Portland
Req ID: KAV002653