Danaher Corporation Laboratory Assistant in Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Our SLS Laboratory is looking forward to welcome a
This is a great chance to work for a large and dynamic global organisation. An opportunity has now become available for an Assistant to join the Validation Laboratory team in Portsmouth. In this role you will be responsible for booking in test samples, consumables purchasing, management of service contracts for laboratory equipment and a range of administrative tasks to support the Validation laboratory.
In this role the Laboratory Assistant will:
The Validation Laboratory team is responsible for performing test work to support customers in the Biopharmaceutical industry. The role of Laboratory Assistant is critical for the smooth running of the laboratory and includes the following responsibilities:
· Monitor email notifications for incoming customer test samples
· Inspection and booking in of customer test samples using the sample management database, completion of sample receipt log sheet
· Scan and save critical sample documentation
· Complete and return sample receipt forms and data loggers as required by customer
· Use department databases to identify project information and locate safety data; liaise with Project Management team regarding test samples
General sample stores management
· Adhere to H&S procedures for safe handling of test samples
· Support the sample disposal process as required
Consumables Stock Purchasing and Inventory Control
· Raise purchase requisitions in SAP and raise online purchase orders to meet consumables demands
· Raise and manage annual call off / framework orders for high turnover items
· Book in consumables and close out purchase orders
Liaise with suppliers to requests quotes, and resolve purchasing, supply, or invoicing discrepancies
· Use relevant laboratory log sheets and databases to record information
· Contribute to consumables and chemical stock checks as required
Service Contract Management
· Support the department administrator in management of service contracts for critical equipment
· Monitor due dates for preventative maintenance visits
· Coordinate with contractor to schedule work, request RAMS and other supporting documentation
· F ile documentation as required
· Support the quotation / ordering process for equipment service, calibration and qualification work
Laboratory Test Folders
· Print new laboratory test work requests from the database
· Make laboratory request folders
· File documentation in archive facility as required
· Participate in regular laboratory meetings
· Attend training courses as required
· Plan own activities to support team objectives / metrics
· Participate in DBS activities to ensure continuous improvement of laboratory processes
· Arrange shipment of samples / materials / equipment as required
· Adhere to good documentation practices
· Log hours allocated to specific activities
The successful applicant will have:
· Minimum GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Maths at grade C or higher
· Minimum 3 years work experience with demonstrated knowledge and skills relevant to this role
Good time management, prioritization and organization abilities, good attention to detail
Ability to exchange information accurately, ask questions and check for understanding
Confident following defined procedures and executing work instructions
· Team player, assertive, self-starter, shows initiative
· Good written and verbal communication, and numeracy ability
· Proven experience working with PC based programmes and systems including Excel; familiarity with SAP an advantage
Interested? Join the PALL Team!
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further and find out more about the role we have to offer, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Hampshire-Portsmouth
Req ID: PAL002149