Danaher Corporation Senior Process Engineer / Project Manager in Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps. Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels. Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world. To learn more about Pall, please visithttps://www.pall.com/en/about-pall.html.
Pall are seeking a driven, supportive Engineer to analyse customer process user requirement specifications for engineered process equipment (including different technologies such as direct flow filtration, tangential flow filtration, chromatography etc.) used in the Bio-pharmaceutical industry.
As the technical lead of a project team, you will discuss, propose and define final engineered technical system solutions with the customer. This includes writing technical quotations and associated costing. After order placement, you will execute the proposed engineered system solution based on agreed and defined contractual specification together with a defined project team as project manager or process engineer. You will be responsible for ensuring that all projects within you'r portfolio are delivered in accordance to specification, on time and within budget. You will take ownership of very complex technical tasks and issues. _Essential Job Functions: _
Pre-order Activities (Time Spent 20 %) * Analyse Customer User Requirements specifications. * Define technical solutions including analysis of process mass balance, equipment selection and sizing, drafting process and instrumentation diagrams. * Write technical proposals including clarification and exclusion lists. * Create Project Costing sheets including material and manpower costs. * Request, analyse and implement quotations for all main sub suppliers and include in technical proposal. * Develop Project schedules. * Perform Project Risk assessments. * Present and discuss technical solution with customer.
Project Execution (Time Spent 70 %)
- Contract review following customer order.
- SAP project creation and maintenance.
- Develop Project Quality Plan.
- Complete basic design including process and instrumentation diagram, component lists and process functional specifications.
- Obtain valid quotations for all materials and initiate orders with procurement.
- Cross functional communication, progress monitoring, co-ordination of sub supplier activities (e. g. mechanical fabricators, electrical fabricators and software companies).
- Progress monitoring, reporting and control.
- Financial status monitoring, reporting and control.
- Coordination of incoming goods inspection.
- Executions of incoming goods inspection.
- Assessing and resolving complex technical/process issues.
- Execution and coordination of Qualification/Verification activities at the various project stages (pre-FAT, FAT, SAT, IV/OV).
- Creation of technical documents and co-operate with Documentation team to assemble final technical documentation package.
- Project Management and co-ordination of small and mid-size projects.
- On the job training for new team members.
- Drive and participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Chair/Execute daily visual management.
General Administration (Time Spent 10 %)
* BSc/MSc or equivalent in Biochemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent. A higher degree or secondary degree in a related subject would be an advantage * Proven experience of process engineering / project management of downstream equipment ideally within Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing including large scale and complex projects involving the integration of multiple systems. * Ideally have experience in the design and engineering of process equipment for filtration, separation and purification equipment (direct or tangential flow, filtration, chromatography systems and columns etc.) used in a downstream & upstream process. * Experience of working with outside sub-contractors including mechanical fabricators, electronic fabricators, software designers and automation experts. * Experience in qualification activities (FAT/SAT) for process equipment. Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Hampshire-Portsmouth
Req ID: PAL003384