Danaher Corporation Senior Scientist R&D Laboratory in Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Our Laboratory R&D Team is looking forward to welcome a
Senior Scientist R&D
This is a unique chance to work for a large and dynamic global organization and to join a newly formed Laboratory R&D team. You will progress assigned projects relating to the initial assessment, design, development, manufacture, documentation, sale and maintenance of Pall Life Science products.
The role will:
• Provide laboratory testing support for the development of new Laboratory products.
• Plan, set up and running a new Laboratory
• Supervise Lab Scientist
• Understand the commercial viability of projects and products.
• S upport other members of Laboratory team with scientific advice and expertise.
• Testing may include UV Absorption, DNA extraction, DNA quantification, SDS PAGE, Elisa, Protein Quantification.
• Generating and interpreting results to a high technical standard, applying previous experience and recommend actions where applicable.
• Understand requirements from a marketing brief to identify required test methods to achieve the desired result
• Coordination and interpretation of results in relation to larger project goals
• Writing technical reports and presentations, including effective communication of results to management and other team members.
• Calibration and quality checks for critical laboratory equipment
• Cleaning of laboratory equipment and turnaround of re-usable equipment
• Completion and filing of laboratory documentation, including verification of quality and sign-off.
• Creation and maintenance of laboratory equipment files
• Coordinate schedule with team members and provide support, and recommendations when required
• Developing protocols for testing
• Cross functional teams
The successful applicant will have:
• BSc in Biological Sciences; Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology.
• Plan and manage own workload to agreed deadlines.
• Conduct and manage technical tasks and projects.
• Takes a considered and logical approach to problem solving.
• Remains calm and organised under pressure.
• Comfortable changing plans to meet business needs.
• Demonstrate initiative and drive for contiunous improvement.
• Able to demonstrate and apply skill in scientific principles.
• Experience in experimental design.
• Willing and able to effectively communicate complicated scientific concepts
• Data analysis and problem solving skills
• Previous laboratory set up and design
Interested? Join the PALL Team!
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further and find out more about the role we have to offer, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Hampshire-Portsmouth
Req ID: LIF003646