Danaher Corporation Application Scientist - 3D Biology (m/f/d) in Puch bei Hallein, Austria
Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too. Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We’re a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you’ll grow your career with outstanding teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Application Scientist for 3D Biology will work full time in our Salzburg Research and Development group. The candidate will work under the supervision of the Hardware Engineering Manager, to conduct experiments demonstrating feasibility and suitability of our new systems for a variety of customer-focused applications.
Planning and execution of application tests with breadboards, prototypes and pilot instruments
Analysis and interpretation of test data
Preparation of biological material used for applications and system tests
Key role in product definition process
Strong relationship with hardware and software development team
Establish collaborative relationships with key scientific leaders and partners in the field
Work across multiple disciplines to bridge scientific and instrument requirements and functionality
Supervise the onsite laboratory
Perform other related duties as assigned
Learn and use DBS tools such as FMEA, Problem Solving, Poka-Yoke and Standard Work to achieve quality, delivery and cost targets and to continuously improve processes
Taking responsibility for own personal development
Is aware of Health and Safety and conducts self in a way that does not put him/herself or any other person at risk
Travel to customer sites as required
- PhD in Cell Biology (or related), or relevant industry experience
At least 3 years of experience in life science applications
Understanding of software tools used in analyzing biological data is a plus (MetaMorph, Image J, Imaris, Matlab and Python)
Experience with imaging-based applications
Significant experience in working with 3D model systems like such as spheroids or organoids.
Proven ability to communicate complex concepts in writing
Sense of the urgency – ability to know when to act quickly to proactively solve problems
Detail oriented – ability to develop detailed plans and then execute on those plans.
Priority Minded – ability to identify and execute only the most important issues
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently
Results-driven individual with passion for customer satisfaction and working in fast-paced environment
English written and spoken to high standard
German written and spoken is desired
Able to travel and work away from home nationally and internationally (10%)
Must have flexibility of working hours around worldwide time zones
Must maintain a valid passport
Team & Culture:
As one of the smaller Danaher Operating Companies, we have many opportunities to develop collaborations across different functions. There is a real ‘family feel’ at Molecular Devices, with associates building strong working relationships with colleagues, whilst at the same time having a feeling of belonging to a bigger organization.
• Modern virtual working approach in an exciting international environment
• We offer flexible working hours and remote working where possible.
• Equal Treatment in Career Opportunities,
• Gender Equal pay
• Active Diversity and Inclusion Council (awareness of D&I, such as PRIDE roundtable sessions, International Women’s Day, Black History Month...)
• Employer pension contribution
• Bonus System
• Group Income Protection
• Well Being Program: We want you to be at your best both on and off the job. This means not only rewarding you for your contributions to our organization, but also providing the support you need to live a happy, healthy, fulfilling life outside of work. Should your life get out of balance, the free Employee Assist Program (EAP) is available to you in the areas of questions about handling stress, maintaining relationships, dealing with work-related issues, coping with loneliness and improving communication.
Danaher is a company that believes in continuous improvement — it is at the core of how we lead and operate our businesses. Whether refining our processes, our tools, or our products, the theme of evolution and getting better is fundamental to our DNA.
• When you join the team, we will support your early days with a structured onboarding plan and a mentoring program. You are not left alone.
• By joining Molecular Devices you will have access to our great internal training courses and be part of our Development for Growth Program.
• You will also enjoy the advantages of the internal job platform DanaherGO.
• Early career programs, structured development processes, mentoring and coaching schemes, internships.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.