Danaher Corporation Biopharma Applications Scientist in Redwood City, California
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
Asan Applications Scientistat Sciex,you will work in collaboration with internal and externaldomain expertsin the advancement ofcutting edge workflow development.
Owns: * Work with leading BioPharma scientists to identify workflow requirements and market needs * Identification of workflow gaps and opportunities through performing application development * Develop biologics workflow solutions directed at advancing the use of CE/LC-MS in the BioPharma market * New analytical chemical, separations and method Development associated with novel applications for Biopharma * Work with product development and research to assist in defining, developing and testing new hardware and software products. * Support scientific marketing projects * Participation in global scientific community through conferences, seminars and training programs * Manage and execute customer collaborations around new products and workflows * Creation of technical marketing material (Tech Note, Publications, Presentations) * Overall time allocation would be approximately (33% R&D, 33% Technical Marketing, 33% collaboration with customers) Contributes:
- To identification of strategic initiatives
- Support of Business technology assessment by bringing in new technologies for assessment in the context of the market
- Support of Business Unit assessment of competitive offerings and development of winning strategy
- Collection and interpretation of voice of customer (VOC) to inform product and application requirements.
- Reviewer of User Need Document for new products to ensure alignment with future product technical launch plan / / Internal Key Interfaces:
- Product Management to provide market insight to ideation and requirements
- Support to global marketing for positioning and messaging
- Support for customer demo and training
- R&D Scientists for application development (Hardware and Software) / / External Key Interfaces:
- Key opinion leaders for development of collaborations
- Customers for VOC and persona development, customer satisfaction
- Current and future business partners for co-selling and marketing opportunities
- Success of key collaborations
- On time product launch
- Rigor in new product testing and low product defect levels
- Quality and frequency of technical content
* MS/ Ph.D. in Chemistry or Life Sciences with > 4 plus years of experience at a biopharmaceutical company performing LC/MS and/or CE/MS * Extensive experience in monoclonal antibody characterization in a biopharmaceutical environment * Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required. * Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills are an absolute necessity. * Experience in sample prep and method development for LCMS or CE/MS applications. * Up to 25% travel is required for this position. * Team oriented with ability to work individually * Job location in Brea or Redwood Shores, CA
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Redwood City
Req ID: SCI002490