Danaher Corporation Buyer in Redwood City, California
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
- Buyer is responsible for procuring assigned materials to ensure regional supply. The purpose is to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans. Products are purchased from key suppliers or internal manufacturing sites to replenish the Distribution Center. Execution of the purchasing function is done via systemic trigger points or to a forecast. Additionally, the Buyer may be responsible for analyzing inventory trends, proposing process improvements, and aiding in the generation of key reports and metrics.
- Purchase order and supplier management
- Re-order point planning and/or forecast purchasing execution
- Daily backorder review and management
- Providing and/or analyzing periodic reports
- Resolve supply issues by working with in-house partners and/or suppliers
- Shelf life management (if applicable)
- Minimize scrap due to age and obsolescence
- Processing vendor returns and resolving inbound supplier issues
- Engineering Change Order (ECO) review and implementation
- Various additional tasks assigned by the manager from time to time
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of purchasing experience is required.
- Must be proficient with above-average experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Experience with Oracle Planning/Procurement
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing or service spares distribution role.
- APICS certification or training preferred.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Redwood City
Req ID: SCI002989