Danaher Corporation Manager of Search Engine Optimization (IDT) in Redwood City, California
Danaher Company Description
Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (IDT) develops, manufactures, and markets nucleic acid products for the life sciences industry in the areas of academic research, biotechnology, agriculture, medical diagnostics, and pharmaceutical development. The company's primary business is the production of custom oligonucleotides for molecular biology applications. IDT has developed proprietary technologies for genomics applications such as next generation sequencing, CRISPR genome editing, qPCR, and RNA interference. Through its GMP services, IDT manufactures products used in diagnostic tests for many forms of cancer and most inherited and infectious diseases. Serving over 100,000 life sciences researchers and producing over 65,000 nucleic acids daily, IDT is widely recognized as the industry leader in custom nucleic acid manufacture. The company serves its customers through direct sales in many countries and a network of international distributors. IDT’s corporate headquarters is in Skokie, Illinois, USA. Its manufacturing headquarters is in Coralville, Iowa, USA, with additional manufacturing facilities in San Diego, California, USA; Leuven, Belgium; and Singapore.
- Manages a team of marketing communications writers, which includes employee hiring, training, evaluations and discipline.
- Performs search engine optimization activities, including generating and analyzing keywords for IDT website and social content, and provides guidance for content optimization
- Analyzes competitor website and SEO strategies, and provides guidance on responding to competitor actions
- Writes powerful calls to action and related content, based on keyword research, to drive conversions
- Tracks trends in site traffic and exposure; develops effective ranking strategies based on KPIs
- Uses split-testing and related techniques to optimize keyword strategies and tactics
- Deploys and leverages related website optimization tools
- Works with IT and other marketing teams to implement SEO changes for improved search rankings
- Monitors search performance across the entire IDT website
- Stays abreast of changes in search engine algorithms, social strategies, and inbound marketing practices
- Educates the marketing organization on current algorithm updates, industry trends, and how to take advantage of SEO research tools
- Generates monthly and annual reports of inbound marketing performance
- Demonstrates and upholds behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values and delivers the Integrated DNA Technologies experience to customers and other business associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in classic search marketing, content marketing, digital marketing, paid search, and/or web analytics required
- Experience with the business strategies that drive search marketing required
- Experience using analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords; and Moz, BrightEdge, or Conductor required
- Experience using Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager required
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS preferred
- Life sciences experience preferred
- Experience with Kapost workflow management tool preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize tasks across various teams within the marketing organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated; with the ability to take the initiative under challenging circumstances
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong people management skills; with proven ability to influence, work, collaborate, and communicate globally with peers
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Redwood City
Req ID: BEC012394