Danaher Corporation Buyer/Planner in Richmond, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Responsible for globally managing, maintaining, buying and planning for the different product groups offered by Leica Biosystems. Planning methods include MRP, ROP and Kanban/eKanban planning methods depending on the requirement. Candidate needs to be able to manage and coordinate communication, including forecasting activities, with cross functional teams including Sales, Marketing and Production both on site as well as globally.
Candidate must be able to perform and understand analysis outside of a computer system or program, as well as be comfortable with training of these concepts. Analyze and manage open orders against inventory and stocking plan to drive on-time delivery, while minimizing cost and overhead.
Candidate will also be involved in special initiatives within the Global Supply Chain team plus additional projects as needed or assigned.
- Manage stock levels through prescribed planning models, which could include min/max, Just in Time, CRP, Kanban, or MRP.
- Work with defined sales and marketing figures to define forecast for responsible items.
- Optimize productivity, inventory and freight spend though capacity and takt planning, along with other long-term planning at the BUs.
- Meet key deliverables such as On-Time Delivery and Inventory value through daily management.
- Develop/publish root cause and countermeasure analysis using Problem Solving Process
- Supplier maintenance including creation and management of POs, escalating price discrepancies, supplier OTD and overall supplier performance. Drive corrective actions to resolve supplier failures.
- Create, review and update item master information within SAP.
- Manage material movements including scrapping and internal use for finished goods
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management
3 – 5 years experience in purchasing and supply chain roles within a manufacturing company
- Excellent skills with Excel
Prior ERP experience; SAP preferred
Prior Database experience; Quickbase or Qlikview preferred
Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities, initiatives, requirements
- Ability to quickly identify and react to business trends, and customer needs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with business partners, both within and outside direct peer group
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Richmond
Req ID: COR001337