Danaher Corporation Facilities Technician in Richmond, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Perform the day-to-day facility operations and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical assets of the property under the direction of the Facilities Manage/Maintenance Supervisor. Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned. Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors. Maintain availability as required for on-call maintenance. Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Perform all varieties of tasks proficiently with little or no direction/supervision. Activities relate to facility maintenance in a cGMP and non-cGMP environment. Primary areas include: facility plumbing, painting, repairs, furniture re-arrangement, light production equipment PM, floor cleaning, filter change out, etc.
- Work from verbal and written procedures to support production and development needs and work independently in the numerous work sites, process areas, laboratories, and utility areas
- Observe safe working practices and be in compliance with site procedures, as well as relevant industry regulations
- Generate requisitions for materials, equipment and tools required to perform assigned tasks. To contribute recommendations for improvements to materials and tools
- Assist in continuous improvements of all maintenance Standard Operating Procedures. Contribute recommendations for improvements to work methods, safety procedures, and other work activities documented in these documents
- Completing all 5s duties as directed
- May be required to work weekends and overtime, as needed
* Minimum 3 years of experience in general building repair and maintenance production equipment maintenance and repair, preferred * High school diploma or equivalent * Must be able to communicate (understand/speak) in English * Must be proficient in using computers, Microsoft Office Suite * Must be able to exert 50 to 100lbs. of force occasionally, 25 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and 10 to 20 lbs. of force constantly * Standing/Walking is required up to 90% of the workday
* Must be energetic, a self-starter
* Must be able to climb ladders and work in high, precarious places
* Mechanical aptitude, team player and effective communicator.
* Ability to read, write, and take instructions in English * Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors and to act in concert with others to achieve tasks. * Requires understanding of basic math skills to do mathematical calculations (i.e., convert English/Metric units, weigh materials, calculate percentages). * Must be able to operate fork lift, scissor lift, and floor scrubber * May be exposed to wet or humid conditions * May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions * Associate is regularly exposed to high noise environments * Associate may be exposed to extremely dusty environments * May be exposed to chemicals used in the process * Other requirements in department as needed
Internal Relationships: * Reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor * Works cross functionally with the Operations department personnel
External Relationships: * Works with vendors/contractors, as needed to complete assignments
Physical Demands & Working Environment The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* Must be able to exert 50 to 100lbs. of force occasionally, 25 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and 10 to 20 lbs. of force constantly * Standing/Walking is required up to 90% of the workday * Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Facilities
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Richmond
Req ID: COR001589