Danaher Corporation Warehouse Shipping Associate in Richmond, Illinois
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What We Offer
$2,000 Sign On Bonus after successful completion of the first 90-Days of employment
Attractive salary and pension package
Employees have the option to work from home up to 2 days/week
Our employees have international development opportunities
Do you have ambitious goals? Then we could be a perfect match.
Performance is rewarded with us - we challenge and support you in your career planning
An Order Picker retrieves ordered items from a warehouse or storage facility and prepares them for shipment. They identify the items using the order request document or the invoice. The item may be handed over to a packer or placed directly in the loading container. Order Pickers may also have to update the product inventory to reflect the removed items. This role is important because an Order Picker ensures that customers get exactly what they ordered and in good condition. This role has a direct impact on Inventory Accuracy and Productivity.
· Accurately pulls and packs product based on daily orders and consistently meets productivity rates.
· Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
· Operate automated tools such as RF scanner.
· Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation.
· Operates under the FEFO (First Expires, First Out) and FIFO (First In, First Out) principles.
· Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues.
· Operates various pieces of equipment according to industrial safety regulations (i.e. Palletizer, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
· Utilizes continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices.
· Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
· Completes all Safety Audits
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
· Up to 1-year experience in a warehouse environment (shipping, receiving, stocking, and/or picking)
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to communicate (understand/speak) in English
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Standing/Walking is required up to 90% of the workday
· Ability to work weekends and overtime when needed
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
· Candidates with Hazardous Shipping Certification (for shipping) strongly desired
· Candidates with forklift experience (for picking, receiving and stocking) strongly desire
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Must be detailed and results oriented
· Must work effectively in a group and/or independently
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must have basic math skills
· Must be able to handle high volume, fast paced and high stress environment.
· Ability to work harmoniously with diverse range of people.
· Physically agile and dexterous.
· Proficient organizational skills
- Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Do apply online with your complete documents (cover letter, CV, certificates). We are looking forward to your application!
Check out our benefits here: www.danaherbenefits.com
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against COVID–19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation. If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.