Danaher Corporation Customer Support Specialist - West Coast in Richmond, Virginia
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
OUR SHARED PURPOSE: BUILDING LASTING BONDS
The communities we belong to – the bonds we build with the people we care about – are integral to fostering our successes. From the bonds we create with customers to foster loyalty and respect, to the bonds we create with our local community outside of work hours – relationships shape our success. We’re building a better world by building lasting bonds.
Building: We’re doers. Our tools are innovation, experience, and dedication.
Lasting: We’re always there. We embrace an unwavering commitment to the future.
Bonds: We’re your neighbors. We value relationships with our customers and communities.
ChemTreat, Inc. is the nation's largest and fastest growing specialty chemical company dedicated solely to industrial water treatment. We have over 2,000 associates working throughout North and South America. Our entrepreneurial spirit helps drive our company's success and extends into our customers' facilities. We help our customers save millions of dollars every year, enabling us to achieve unparalleled growth in the water treatment industry.
Fulfill internal and external customer needs as a Customer Support Specialist through a high volume of complex phone calls (averaging 35 - 45 calls a day), while also handling electronic requests (averaging 20 - 30 e-mail tasks a day).
The Customer Support Specialist provides unscripted, customized professional service with the expectation that the Specialist has sole ownership over the resolution.
Schedule is 10:00 AM EST - 7:00 PM EST depending on business needs Monday through Friday.
Eligibility for shift differential for hours worked after 5 PM
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the sales force to resolve complex situations
- Problem solve delivery issues, probe and fact find for key elements, and track orders to delivery
- Place accurate phone orders (40 - 50 daily) and electronic orders (20 – 30 daily)
- Read and decipher notes in order entry
- Follow the escalation procedure for outstanding tasks
- Control the phone calls (direction, pace, tone) diffuse irate callers
- Review customer Purchase Orders (PO) for order entry when necessary
- Enter error logs as needed for company
- Problem solve own errors for root cause and countermeasure
High level of multitasking and prioritizing of complex tasks
Back-up other functional Corporate Services Groups as needed
Quoting out equipment
- Work with vendors
Order entry (electronic orders: 15 - 20 emails a day; phone calls: 15 - 20 phone calls a day)
Set up new accounts
- Log in and retrieve the PO on the Customer Portal and confirm orders
Electronic orders (40 - 50 a day)
Customer Support Relations:
- Chemical pricing approvals
- Account Management
- Commodity quotes * Ability to understand lean manufacturing metrics as they relate to daily performance measures * Develop and share best practices with team * Understand and adapt to change in processes and procedures.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Comprehensive 90-day training program, including but not limited to supporting the customer contact center
- Cross-training in other areas within the department
- 18-24 months’ commitment in Corporate Services
Development opportunities for company growth if so desired
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Technical, Analytical skills and business knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Strong organizational skills; Self-management, self-motivated and self-driven
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Clear phone diction
- Professional phone and e-mail etiquette
- Consistently communicate with supervisor and team regarding status of daily work load
- Positive attitude during stressful situations and ability to handle multiple interruptions
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with internal and external customers
- Confident interaction with other departments and senior leadership
Open to change and learning
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree Preferred or 3 years of equivalent job experience
- 2-3 years of business and/or customer call center experience preferred
Spanish or French verbal and written skills a plus, but not required
Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Consists of an indoor work office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-VA-Richmond
Req ID: CHE001753