Danaher Corporation Director, Human Resources, Marketing, R&D, Finance & Legal in Richmond, Virginia
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
The Director of Human Resources for ChemTreat’s global Marketing, R&D, Finance & Legal organization provides HR Business Partner leadership for all the facing organizations and employees. This role has responsibility for approximately 200 employees with a significant focus on leadership development, organizational design, business strategy, and talent management. This role is based in Richmond, VA and leads a team across Americas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead organization development efforts to link global business strategy with the talent capability to meet long term and immediate strategic objectives.
- Lead performance management and associate development processes and programs for client groups.
- Direct employment activities ensuring the timely placement of qualified associates in positions as required to implement strategic plan and support organizational growth initiatives.
- Assist in execution of Policy Deployment.
- Support the HR team, develop HR programs, processes and metrics to improve service/performance.
- Leverage Danaher Business System tools (Transactional Process Improvement, Problem Solving Process, Value Stream Mapping, etc.) to streamline HR processes while increasing efficiency and quality of the client organization’s HR service delivery model.
- Act as point of escalation on elevated human resources or labor issues.
- Work close of the subject matter experts for executing the compensation and talent management strategy in collaboration with the Compensation, Talent Management and OCM team.
- As necessary, investigate HR Related claims and internal investigations.
- Lead headcount and budgeting process for the client organizations in collaboration with Finance.
- Collaborate with leaders to identify headcount investment opportunities that yield the greatest return on investment.
- Ensure company policies are communicated clearly and administered in compliance with all labor laws and reporting requirements of the country.
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- High level of strategic agility
- Continuous improvement mindset / ability to identify issues, determine root causes and implement solutions
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal: including presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills at all level.
- Ability to lead virtual teams.
- Facilitation skills
- The ability to maintain confidential information
- Comfort around and ability to coach senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience in a metrics-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate organizational capabilities
Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and effective working relationships at all levels * Demonstrated ability to balance strategic and tactical needs and to roll up sleeves when needed to ensure business needs are met * Superb judgement and integrity; including excellent decision making skills and a sense of urgency
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
BA or BS degree required
- Master of Industrial Relations (MAIR/MAHR) or related.
- 7 year’s generalist experience including operations.
- Project leadership skills
- Experience with leadership development, succession planning, organizational development and executive coaching
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Global experience desired
- Intermediate or Advanced Spanish skills desired; Portuguese of benefit but not required
Travel up to 30%
Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Consists of an indoor work office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Human Resources
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-VA-Richmond
Req ID: CHE001825