Danaher Corporation E-Commerce and New Account Specialist in Richmond, Virginia
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
Fulfill internal and external customer needs as an E-commerce and New Account Specialist through a high volume of complex electronic requests (averaging 40 - 50 requests a day), while also handling phone requests (averaging 8 - 10 phone calls a day).
The E-commerce and New Account Specialist provides unscripted, customized professional service with the expectation that the Specialist has sole ownership over the resolution within a 24-hour window.
Schedule alternates between 8:00 AM EST - 4:30 PM EST and 8:30 AM EST - 5:00 PM EST depending on business needs Monday through Friday.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand, process, and confirm on average 30 - 40 customer Purchase Orders (PO) through various methods of receipt, including but not limited to e-mail, fax, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), customer e-commerce websites, and mail
- Support the sales force to resolve complex situations
- Problem solve delivery issues, probe and fact find for key elements, and track orders to delivery
- Create new accounts in system (TinyTerm) (averaging 6 - 10 per day)
- Maintain and navigate customer e-commerce websites to pull and confirm customer orders
- Review customer Purchase Orders (PO) for order entry
- Accurately place text-based, customer PO, and e-mail chain orders
- Read and decipher notes in order entry
Follow the escalation procedure for outstanding tasks
Provide Phone Support (Back Up Phone Support Team)
Place phone orders as needed
- Read and decipher notes in order entry
- Follow the escalation procedure for outstanding tasks
- Control the phone calls (direction, pace, tone)
Diffuse irate callers
Develop and share best practices with team * Understand and adapt to change in processes and procedures.
Additional duties as assigned
Comprehensive 60-day training program, including but not limited to supporting the customer contact center.
- Cross-training in other areas within the department
- 18-24 months’ commitment in Corporate Services
- Development opportunities for company growth if so desired
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technical, Analytical skills and business knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Organizational skills; Self-management
Ability to understand lean manufacturing metrics as they relate to daily performance measures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 2-3 years of business and/or customer contact center experience preferred
Spanish or French verbal and written skills a plus, but not required
Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Consists of an indoor work office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-VA-Richmond
Req ID: CHE001678