Danaher Corporation IT Helpdesk Intern in Romulus, Michigan
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
Provides first level phone support for all US Dental Platform locations. Ensures that all Phone support calls are logged, resolved, or are forwarded to the proper group for resolution. Responsible for desktop configurations and imaging, providing ongoing system updates and maintenance of these systems. LAN/WAN network troubleshooting, and vendor coordination. This person will be responsible for assisting the Information Technology group with maintaining Enterprise backups (e.g., Commvault) and supporting numerous other third party applications (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, SAP Oracle, Remedy, etc). Provides IT purchasing services; tracks purchase requisitions and orders for all US Dental Platform locations from initial request through final delivery of products. Monitors the pricing and invoicing of merchandise to ensure proper payment and cost savings. Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Takes users issues and requests via phone, email, and Ticketing System. Log the issues\requests into the Help Desk Tracking System then either resolves or escalates to the appropriate resource. * First level troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, servers, network related or attached systems. * Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems. * Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication. * Replaces defective or inadequate software packages. * Maintain Active directory user account and security consistency. * Service internal and external customers cost effectively; log and track customer support requests * Escalate and redirect Help Desk Incidents to the appropriate technical resources * Install, troubleshoot, and repair PC hardware and Operating Systems. Troubleshoot MS and Enterprise software application issues. * Provide support for LAN, remote (VPN, RDP, Citrix) access, and resolve basic Email connectivity issues. * Installation and maintenance of Windows based PC/Laptops in an enterprise environment. * Troubleshooting, configuring of desktop components, and assisting with physical installations of Desktops, Laptops, and Thin clients. * Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems. * Installing software patches as needed and eradicating spyware/viruses. * Setup and troubleshooting of print servers and queues. * Assists with upgrade implementations, application support, and network infrastructure expansions. * Performs preventive maintenance and repairs. * Performs other duties as assigned.
- Sense of Urgency: IT issues usually start at the IT help desk. Must understand and direct the team to address issues by the required SLA timeline. There are times where critical business functions depend on IT products and services working as soon as possible.
- Communication: There are always multiple activities and projects working simultaneously where clear and concise communication is necessary to avoid confusion.
- Customer Focus: The IT Helpdesk and Tech Support team exists to support our customers, the internal computer users. We will provide the level of service that insures as little down time as possible for the business.
- Teamwork: The IT Operations team consists of several local and remote resources where a team atmosphere is of the utmost importance to be able to work as one group spread out across North America.
- Soft Skills- The ability to engage customers verbally in a professional manner
- Self-Starter– The ability to be sufficiently motivated or ambitious to start a new task or project independently. Qualifications:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct a wide array of IT user problems
- Ability to receive and utilize training proficiently to implement in the work environment
- Working knowledge of Cisco/Avaya phone systems desired Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet and word processing software, operating systems, advanced knowledge of personal computers, networking and peripheral hardware. Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MI-Romulus
Req ID: KAV002867