Danaher Corporation Maintenance Supervisor in Romulus, Michigan
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
GENERAL NATURE and SCOPE: Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for keeping all facilities and equipment in proper working order and performing to pre-established standards of operation. Through the effective use of preventative maintenance systems, tools, and protocols, this position is accountable for maintaining equipment reliability and for rapid recovery of equipment when failures occur.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Other duties may be assigned, in addition to those identified below.
* Establishing a preventative maintenance system that includes all equipment and facilities.
* Evaluating the effectiveness of equipment and recommending replacement or refurbishment.
* Reporting all delays as well as anticipated delays to production that may be caused by an unscheduled equipment failure.
* Hiring and terminating maintenance personnel within the guidelines of the annual maintenance budget. * Developing and executing the annual maintenance function budget. * Managing spare parts as necessary to reduce or eliminate delays caused by parts shortages. * Identifying critical spare parts suppliers and developing supply agreements with them. * Maintaining all equipment in a safe manner. * Responsible for external facilities grounds and upkeep. * Responsible for assisting in handling equipment purchase and installation with other job entities. * Responsible for assisting in designing the layout of the plant including locations of machines and other support areas in order to facilitate lean manufacturing principles. * Responsible for facility management processes. * Responsible for meeting statutory safety and environmental requirements and knowing how they apply to equipment and facilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: * Undergraduate degree in Maintenance Management or Mechanical, Industrial, Process, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering. * Minimum of 5 years experience managing a factory maintenance function that includes maintenance of chemical formulation and automated packaging processes. * Minimum of 5 years experience in direct maintenance related activities. * Minimum of 3 years experience with preventative maintenance systems. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Must be knowledgeable in the proper handling of chemicals and waste, both hazardous and nonhazardous, as defined by FDA, OSHA, EPA and DOT.
Kerr Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Facilities
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MI-Romulus
Req ID: KAV002502