Danaher Corporation Global Commercial Marketing Manager in Sacramento, California
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position of Global Commercial Marketing Manager is a key role within our Microbiology Business Unit located in West Sacramento, Ca. Diagnostics is a growing market due to the increasing need for rapid testing to combat antibiotic resistance. Increasing demand for automation, and technologies such as mass spectrometry are helping laboratories meet this challenge. The Microbiology MicroScan business unit is focused on continued delivery of high quality results through our MicroScan portfolio that delivers highly accurate bacterial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing.
The Global Commercial Marketing Manager effectively develops customer value propositions, differentiated marketing strategies and positioning, and strong brand presence to create customer loyalty and retention on a global basis for the MicroScan product family. This position is responsible for aligning the value proposition with target markets / segments and working with sales and regional marketing to deliver the message through the production of tools, materials, channels, messaging, events, etc.
The successful candidate will perform global commercial marketing management to include:
- Set product brand strategy and develop marketing strategies to ensure effective market positioning, creating demand and maximizing sales.
- Develop marketing communications programs to promote the sale of company products.
- Oversee development and production of marketing materials.
- Maintain and advance the company’s web exposure, position and presence.
- Support product lifecycle management commercial planning and execution.
- Build KOL relationships and collaboration programs.
- Segment global customer base and present solutions that align to customer need.
- Serve as consultant to sales force, product development, as well as other functional areas.
- Conduct competitive analysis and market research.
- Support global market development and expansion.
- Develop and execute customer events, including trade shows, symposiums, webinars, etc.
- Evaluate brand performance and positioning and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S in Science/Engineering with 9 years’ experience, or Master’s degree with 7 years’ experience, or Doctoral degree with 4 years’ related experience
- Strong working knowledge of FDA IVD requirements and guidelines in global regulatory requirements.
- Track record of innovation.
- Strong leadership skills, teamwork, planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be committed to continuous improvement, dynamic, and possess strong leadership, problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 7-10 years’ experience successfully commercializing In-Vitro Diagnostics or similar Life Science products preferred.
- Working knowledge of Commercialization and Sales process.
- Previous sales or commercial (outbound) marketing experience preferred.
- Experience working in a Healthcare regulated product development environment, e.g., ISO, QSR (FDA) is desirable.
- Experience in clinical diagnostics and/or clinical microbiology preferred.
- Experience working in a global, multi-cultural team preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in event planning preferred.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sacramento
Req ID: BEC013539