Danaher Corporation Senior Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic in Sacramento, California
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Beckman Coulter on LinkedIn!
* Participate in and perform semi-complex to complex emergency repairs, preventive maintenance tasks, and complete work orders as assigned on manufacturing and manufacturing support equipment. * Participate and/or lead equipment assessments and provide recommendations for equipment changes and/or repairs to improve efficiency. * Participate in semi-complex to complex production maintenance inspections. * Assist with and/or lead monitoring and scheduling of maintenance-related activities, and service/request calls. * Participate or lead other departmental activities such as performing or assisting with facilities related repairs/inspections, operating office equipment (including equipment set-up, operation, routine maintenance), submitting procurement requests, attending departmental meetings, and responding to general maintenance inquiries via telephone or in person.
* Participate in mandatory company-provided training including but not limited to manufacturing policies and procedures, EHS/safety training, business conduct guidelines, information security awareness, and compliance training. * May be periodically required to work on alternate shifts such as graveyard or swing shifts – some weekend work required. * Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose complex issues and be able to repair industrial equipment such as boilers, autoclaves, manufacturing equipment lines (printing, filling, packaging), specialized industrial dryers, and other customized production equipment. These repairs may include the use of basic hand tools as well as tools such as a mill, lathe, drill press, and/or welding equipment. Previous welding and electrical experience required.
* Must have experience and working knowledge of common hand and power tools such as screwdrivers, saws, drills, wrenches, and hammers, as well as some specialized equipment and other electronic testing devices, in order to replace or fix worn or broken parts, where necessary, or make adjustments to correct malfunctioning equipment and machines. * Must be able to complete preventive maintenance tasks within the required timeframes and ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, production systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of machinery does not deteriorate. Previous experience managing and/or scheduling department PM’s and work requests preferred. * Preferred candidate should have experience working in either a government regulated and/or validated manufacturing environment where all work is documented in manual or electronic logbooks. Must be able to keep accurate and legible records of repair work utilizing equipment logbooks and both handwritten and electronic documentation procedures.
* Must be able to work safely with and troubleshoot systems powered by both high and low voltage electrical systems. Previous electrical safety, troubleshooting, and repair experience required. * Must have good reading comprehension, and have the ability to interpret service manuals and other written instructions. * Must be able to use a computer to send and receive e-mail; create, update, and schedule work orders; enter time sheet information; and have the ability to learn and utilize computer-controlled PLC systems. Previous experience troubleshooting equipment with PLC systems required, some PLC programming experience preferred. * Must be able to demonstrate technical and mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity. * Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics. * Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability and be able to work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision. * Knowledge and experience in welding (mig/tig/stick) and electrical (wiring/schematics/safety/troubleshooting/LOTO) experience required. * Often required carry out many different tasks in a single day, at any number of locations, including indoor, outdoor, warehouse, and clean room environments where gowning is required. * May be called upon to switch tasks on very short notice. * May have to stand for long periods, lift heavy objects, and work in uncomfortably hot or cold environments, in awkward and cramped positions, or on ladders or lifts or on the roof. * Must follow safety precautions, use appropriate tools for the job, and wear required personal protective equipment. * Must be able to work in manufacturing, warehouse, laboratory, and clean-room environments.
* 5 years of successful experience in a Manufacturing/Production Maintenance/Engineering environment. * Associate’s degree or certification of completion from vocational school in related field preferred. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sacramento
Req ID: BEC013502