Danaher Corporation Confocal Microscopy Sales Specialist in San Francisco, California
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The Confocal Microscopy Sales Specialist is a key member of the Life Science Division’s sales team. You will work in the Life Sciences sector to promote and execute sales of the Confocal product line to Life Science Researches. You will build and maintain customer relationships and execute sales plans and recommend strategies to meet the customer’s needs.
Why this might be the right job for you:
- You have in-depth experience using Confocal Microscopy on a regular basis
- You may have experience manage a core lab where research involved imaging
- You are comfortable working in an environment where you will be going to different customer locations, work from home office, independent and likes to perform a variety of tasks
- You enjoy building relationships and understanding needs of customers in order to provide solutions
- You are interested in working in a very scientific and technical role while partnering with Life Science customers
- You are looking for an opportunity to work with a market leader in Microscopy where our instruments are widely recognized for their optical precision and innovative technology
- You will recommend and implement strategies designed to increase sales of Leica Confocal products in assigned territory along with identifying selling opportunities across product lines.
- Consult with the customer to understand, evaluate and qualify customer needs and recommend appropriate products.
- Generates customer quotations for products.
- Generates and acts on the feedback of customer preferences, suggestions, product performance and other information to enhance the sale of Leica Confocal products.
- Works with customers or other experts to generate appropriate field data and application notes or publications which highlight product benefits and helps differentiate Leica products
- Arrange shipment for demonstrations and performs demonstrations on Confocal products on-site
- Enhance customer partnership and satisfaction
Life Science Research & Academic Institutions and Medical Schools
#MM2018 #Microscopy #confocal
- BA, BS OR MS degree in scientific field
- 4 years Confocal Microscopy required, with 2 years related to microscopy in a laboratory
- Sales experience in selling products of a technical nature is desirable, but not required
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
- Capital equipment or Technical/Consultative Sales experience preferred, but not required
- In-depth knowledge of the microscopy market is also highly desirable
Travel: 50-75% within territory and 5% outside of territory (i.e. training, Regional Sales Meeting, etc.)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-San Francisco
Req ID: LEI003792