Danaher Corporation Logistics Specialist in San Jose, California
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for shareholders.
- Coordinates materials for delivery orders to customer sites as needed
- Responsible for enforcement of transportation agreements & services, export controls and containment of domestic and int'l freight expenses
- Maintains trade compliance and performs a wide variety of planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting tasks in support of the manufacturing workflow
- Coordinates and monitors workflow, assisting in scheduling and prioritizing activities in assigned logistic area
- Maintains compliance with ISO 9000, IATA, OSHA, DOT, FAA, and FDA Guidelines.
- Performs customer service function by coordinating and interacting with internal and external customers to resolve shipping issues. May specialize in shipment of dangerous/hazardous goods.
- Arranges RMA returns shipments
* 5 years’ experience as a Logistics Specialist * Forklift operations certified a plus * Proven experience with FedEx, UPS and DHL shipping terminals * Experience in domestic and international shipments * Proven experience working with confidential or sensitive information * Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Oracle or other ERP System
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Willingness to do whatever it takes
- Quick Learner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Stretch oriented – embraces and thrives on challenge
- Continuous improvement oriented – participates in Kaizens, has familiarity with lean principles
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-San Jose
Req ID: MOL002103