Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Calibration Test Technician in San Jose, California
· Use established procedures to integrate, test and calibrate instruments on the manufacturing floor and report on findings.
· Utilize test methodologies and requisite equipment to ensure in-process and outgoing quality metrics
· Run macros and trend processes
· Provide the first line of troubleshooting for diagnosing problems
· Provide hands-on first response to system tuning and start-up issues
· Prepare systems for shipment
· Prepare new and revise existing procedures
· Contribute to group problem solving and process improvement activities
· Other manufacturing tasks as required
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements:
· Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in a technical/calibration position
· Associates degree or work experience in lieu of degree will be considered
· Excellent communication, planning, organizational & interpersonal skills
· Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of organization
· Effective and analytical problem-solving skills
· Excellent PC applications skills: MS Word, Excel, VB, MS Access, Windows Explorer
· Requires self-initiative and ability to work independently
· Must be willing to work around laser bar code readers, moving electromechanical devices, radio frequency devices, and water sources
· BS degree in a life science, chemistry or engineering technology discipline a plus
· Prior work experience with calibration, automation, centrifuges, plate readers, etc. a strong plus
· Familiarity with liquid handling and molecular biology a plus
· SPC knowledge a plus
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation. If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.