Danaher Corporation Field Application Specialist in Shanghai, China
Field Application Specialist
To provide high-level applications and technical & product knowledge expertise to the sales process to facilitate competitive success. To be a technical product champion through delivery of seminars, demonstrations & active participation in the selling process in cooperation with a sales representative Provide technical support, training and advice to both existing and potential customers Assist with instrument installations by providing on-site customer training - instrument, software, reagents and consumables Training of other SCIEX staff, on the application, installation, and operation of instrument systems Identification and communication of customer applications that may be developed and used on company’s systems
This role is equally focused on driving excellence in customer applications & technical support for both the pre-sales process and post-sales installation and training
Interacts with SCIEX customers, field sales, sales managers, product marketing and technical support staff
Works closely with customers to identify market opportunities through development and commercialization of new applications on SCIEX systems
Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers’ laboratories to provide technical and applications expertise in response to customer inquiries Performs product demonstrations in the field Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories and demonstrates proper operating procedures with SCIEX instrumentation Prepares and presents seminars to customers, potential customers and SCIEX employees as requested Provides technical training to Sales Representatives and collaborates with them to develop technical selling strategies Works in trade show booths to present SCIEX products and gather information Plans and delivers user meetings in the field Completes all administrative duties such as using RSD, completing expense reports, etc. Attends technical training and scientific meetings to gather information on new trends, products and discoveries affecting SCIEX
• Master or above degree in mass spectrometry, Biology, Microbiology or Biochemistry, or equivalent experience.
• Strong technical knowledge and significant laboratory and/or scientific background in analytical chemistry using LC/MS/MS (for example: 3-5 years of previous laboratory experience or PhD with 1-2 years post doc work)
• Previous operation of LC/MS systems or related instrumentation is highly desirable.
• In-depth industry knowledge, good understanding of customer business, applications, and other needs.
• Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Effective communication skills to clearly articulate technical and product information to both internal and external customers.
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, make appointments, plan schedules and coordinate efforts with Sales Personnel as well as other Service and Support personnel.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .