Danaher Corporation Regional Tendering Manager in Shanghai, China
Danaher Company Description
Founded in America by Professor Beckman and the Coulter brothers, Beckman Coulter Limited is dedicated to the to the development and sale of instruments, reagents, software and products that simplify and automate laboratory processing that are widely used in hospitals, clinics, and commercial laboratories worldwide. Clinical diagnostic tools implemented within company products include: laboratory automation systems, biochemical analytical systems, immunoassay systems, hematology systems, protein chemistry systems, urinalysis systems, microbiological detection and analysis systems, and blood bank analytical systems. In future developments, Beckman Coulter will continue to lead in the field of medical equipment research and development with cutting-edge technology and complete product lines, and continue to make outstanding contributions to the development of global scientific research! For more information, please visitwww.beckmancoulter.com.
_ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:_· Establish systematic processes to effectively manage the tendering and bidding requirements at a provincial level and major cities’ level of the provinces. · Build up and maintain good relationship with local government on tender department to promote branding and reputation · Make recommendations on structure, systems and accountability for an effective tendering organization. · Establish a working knowledge of the tendering process across region and develop relationships with key government agencies. · Manage the preparation, coordination and review of all tenders / contracts/ agreements, prior to submission.
· Closely watch healthcare reforms, bidding trends, study ever-changing bidding policy and translate impacts to BCCE and BCLS.
· Facilitate Sales through designing and implementing tender strategies, policies, processes and action-oriented plans to pursue tender success and perfect them constantly
· Keep abreast of the best bidding/tendering practices so as to develop our company's position and plan for improvement internally and externally
· Organize tender task force whenever needed to facilitate, provide advices and coach Sales at early stage of tender· In conjunction with the relevant Area Managers and Product Manager develop and maintain a 12 month rolling tender matrix detailing upcoming tenders/expiries. · Work with relevant Area Manager and Product Managers to develop complete tender packages. · Assist Area and Product Managers in appropriate pre and post tender activities. · Manage whole post tender process for respective province/city – including following up unsuccessful tenders, communicate competitive information to marketing intelligence and relevant product managers both in terms of prices (where available) and competitor’s standard terms · Work in conjunction with RGMs, Area managers and sales assistants to ensure a sound working knowledge of all Tender requirements for provinces and cities to ensure a comprehensive backup / assistance in times of either vacation or heavy –uneven work load.
· Manage the collation of tender assumptions and establish plan for lost tender and its complementary process
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
· Supervisory/management experience desirable.
· Bachelor degree preferred major in healthcare, economy, medicine, marketing or business
· Excellent attention to details and strong analytical skills.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple pending deadlines.
· Team management skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· High level of system skills especially Excel and PPT
· Multi-tasking, flexibility and the ability to cope with high customer demands
· At least 5 years’ experience in commercial or tendering, and government affairs relations.
· Previous experience with tenders and Government relationship management in healthcare industry, dealing with IVD and medical devices preferred.
· Prior project management experience
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-China-Shanghai
Req ID: BEC015692