Danaher Corporation Sr. Pricing Manager_Shanghai in Shanghai, China
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
REPORTS TO: GM
DOT LINE REPORTS TO: FINANCE CONTROLLER
FUNCTION: This position manages and controls the activities of the functional area of suggested price.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
This position will help to develop company pricing strategy and price models; build and maintain price database to track the actuals; research internal and external insights; analyze and optimize the company price models; work amount cross-functional teams and lead pricing activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will also be responsible for, but not limiting to the following duties :
· Develop and articulate pricing strategy
· Build analytical models to inform and facilitate pricing discussions amount cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences
· Use customer insights gained through data analysis, research, interviews, surveys, and other mechanisms to help the company achieve an ideal pricing alignment
· Gather and analyze external and internal best practices and provide insightful suggestions on actions to management and account teams
· Work with internal business partners to provide recommendations and lead pricing activities
· Build price database and closely monitor price changes
· Closely monitor the tender price, ensure the profitability. Generate reports by account and by region on the profitability and facilitate pricing discussions
· Develop guidelines and ensure know-how transfer and internal training to anchor the new pricing strategy, tactics, and processes
· Identify potential for future optimization of the pricing strategy, process and tools
This description is a summary of principle responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties may be assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
- External contacts for this position includes customers, consultants, and government official where needed
Internal contacts include all staff in company.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN:
The incumbent of this position is responsible for his/her own work. New strategy, model, tool, suggested price or tender price need to be reviewed by managers/supervisors, all other work is handled independently, reporting status to managers/supervisor.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance and/or related field. Master/MBA is a plus.
LANGUAGE: Demonstrates excellent communication (written and spoken) skills in English and Chinese, and has the ability to effectively interact and communicate with local
COMPUTER : Proficient in Excel, Oracle/SAP knowledge is a plus
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years work experience in Pricing, Finance or Commercial areas of IVD or other medical industry
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES :
· Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem solving techniques
· Financial knowledge for P&L and margin/price decision making
· Strong leadership and project management capabilities
· Positive, multi-tasking, and good team player and be able to effectively communicate with different internal customers to ensure positive outcome
· Have sound business ethics and consistency among principles, values and behaviors, and adhere to policies and procedures, and be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action.
This position may require business traveling in a n occasion situation (less than 30%)
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
This position functions in a general office environment.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-China-China-Shanghai
Req ID: BEC012324