Danaher Corporation Commodity Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Develop NPI Sourcing Strategy for Mechanical commodities
- Review NPI designs and calculate Mechanical component cost estimates for BMC assessment
- Drive early Supplier engagement critically for NPI projects
- Conduct supplier selection in line with the process defined
- Procure prototypes to support Engineering evaluations and position/purchase new parts materials needed for initial product launch.
- Participate in design reviews with R&D and Suppliers on manufacturability, raw material selection to achieve most optimal component cost.
- Support key operational initiatives programs (e.g. VMI, Kitting processes)
Mechanical Commodity Management
- Manage Mechanical Commodity (Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal, Plastics)
- Calculate / Tabulate key component costing to drive supplier price negotiations for existing and new parts
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for assigned commodities to drive toward KPI set forth
- Ownership for Supplier Rationalization aligning with Danaher.
- Engage Suppliers for QBR (business review) with priorities for growth suppliers.
- Provide support to operations in overcoming critical supply situations
- Drive DBS Tools in Supplier Gemba.
- Lead key process improvements to improve efficiency in Sourcing
- Support and drive improvement events such as "Kaizen", "Materials Process" and "Standard Work" at Operational level.
- Engagement with Quality teams to improve supplier quality
- Participant and keep abreast of DBS tools, such as 5S, DMP, SW, TPI to drive continuous improvement with sustainable results.
- Ensure training and quality compliance.
- Comply and adhere to the regulatory, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and company’s EHS requirement.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Preferably experience in a Medical Equipment Environment
- Min. 15 years relevant experience in managing Mechanical commodities with key focus on CNC High precision machining, Casting, Sheet metal and Plastics
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings independently for the purposes of costing, vendor qualification & selection
- Exposure in high-mix low-volume (HMLV) environment and lean manufacturing concepts
- 10% - 20% travel.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Req ID: LEI004374