Danaher Corporation Financial Planning & Analysis Lead, APAC in Singapore, Singapore
Danaher Company Description
Esko Artwork is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Gent - Belgium, EskoArtwork employs around 1,200 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan.
*Main role / Job Objective: *
This position will have responsibility to provide analytical and decision support to finance and commercial team in the regions.
This position is expected to provide analytical supportfor APAC region with focus on drivers of profitable business growth, including, but not limited to: bookings forecast, sales forecast, margin analysis, pricing,gross profitabilityanalysis, working capital forecast andother ad-hoc financial analysis. Able to have standard work in FP&A to share historical trends & reports with the regional & sub-regional GMs in terms of commercial KPIS & P&L articulation.
*Main responsibilities and key activities: *
- Supports the regional & sub-regional GMs in terms of consistent and standard process of business analytics in terms of Bookings, Revenue, Gross Margins, Headcounts Forecast, Operating Profit and Working Capital objectives with respect to Danaher's Core Value Drivers
- Manage APAC monthly planning and forecasting process, support yearly planning & budget planning process from zero-based approach
- Manage monthly financials in terms of achievement vs forecast and understand the data points for commercial results
- Improve reporting quality for APAC and sub-regions forecast and analysis, and prepare various management reports and analysis.
- Proactively work with country controllers to review best practice to align on sales and Standard Margin analysis across the region
- Perform working capitalforecast (with main focus on Account receivables) and analysis
- Provide analytical support to major business decisions and may perform economic search and studies in the areas like currency exposure, working capital requirement, investment opportunities, economic and political risks.
- Develop in-depth financial modelling for sales outlook, sales mix, gross profitability analysis, OPEX and other ad-hoc financial analysis
- Develop standardized FP&A reports with global FP&A team and act as an advocate for looking into data-points to all sub-regions in a consistent manner
- Be the APAC lead for BI tool in terms of usability & training to stakeholders
- Back-up and step up for Finance Director when needed to support HQ in understanding of APAC financials. This description is a summary of principle responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties may be assigned.
Positioning: * From whom do you receive direction: Finance Director, APAC * Who do you direct: None (Individual Contributor Role) * The incumbent of this position is responsible for his/her own work. Only new work is reviewed before issue, all other work is handled independently, reporting status to managers/supervisor. Some work requires analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment, but most assignments are specific and well defined.
Qualifications and professional knowledge: EDUCATION:Finance, Accounting, or Economics education background. LANGUAGE:Demonstratesexcellent communication (written and spoken) skills in English and Chinese COMPUTER: Excellent Microsoft Excel skill, strong financial modelling skill with concrete knowledge in Visual Basic/ Macro is preferable. Knowledge in Oracle/SAP is a plus
*EXPERIENCE: *This position requires a minimum of 8 years working experience with 4 years of hands-on experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) in a dynamic working environment.
Competencies (personal qualifications):
- Familiar with US GAAP
- Positive, multi-tasking, and good team player and be able to communicate effectively in a cross functional & cross regions environment
- Communicate with different internal customers to ensure positive outcome
- Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Have sound business ethics and consistency among principles, values and behaviors, and adhere to policies and procedures, and be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action.
- Adhere to policies and procedures, and be able to exercise judgments within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action
- Positive attitude, fast learner and multi-tasking *TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:*
Less than 20% travelling if required.
_WORK ENVIRONMENT_*: * This position functions in a general office environment. Internal contacts:
Internal contacts: * Internal contacts for this position include GMs, APAC team leads, country controllers, global FP&A team from HQ
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Req ID: ESK002803