Danaher Corporation Production Supervisor in Singapore, Singapore
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Responsible for directing the manufacturing operations performed in a shift or group of production lines, ensuring they reach volume, quality and cost goals. Controls production activities, material flow, and inventory to achieve cost and quality targets and production schedules of the assigned production line(s). Ensures compliance of standards. Responsible for the management and supervision of the assigned production line(s). Lead a team comprising individual professional to meet quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness requirements.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Direct or coordinate production, processing and distribution activities at the shop floor.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Plan and organizes manpower and equipment to maximize productivity to meet production targets.
- Ensures that products are of high quality before being sent to Quality Assurance.
- Supervises co-ordinates and monitors the performances of employees under charge.
- Induct new hire and conducts performance appraisal for employees and is responsible for making decision on termination, promotion, upgrading, etc.
- Develops and implements training to improve performance of employees.
- Ensure employees training compliance.
- Trouble shoots technical problems and upgrades technology.
- Maintains to a clean and safe working area for employees and ensures that they conform to safety rules and regulations and wearing of safety equipment issued to them.
- Ensure employees comply and adhere to company code of conduct, required footwear and dress code in production area.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to her by her Department Manager from time to time.
- Assists production manager in achieving goals and efficiency.
- Compliance to regulatory, international and company’s EHS requirement
- Lead and/or participate in lean and continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
- Secondary Education / A level / Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a medical device company with knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice
- Proficient in MS Office
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Req ID: LEI004298