Danaher Corporation Senior Process Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Primarily responsible for resolving in-process quality issues in production to meet expected quality and customer request date. Play an active role in:
Quality improvement initiatives to reduce both internal and external quality PPM.
Productivity improvement through kaizen and lean methodologies.
- Ownership in products First Pass Yield (FPY) and Yield Improvements activities.
- Conduct failure analysis and implement temporary and permanent countermeasures to reduce warranty complaints and PDOA.
- Analyze production issues and initiate corrective/preventive actions.
- Create and update sequence plans, define final outgoing inspection plan and conduct requalification of new processes whenever necessary.
- Create, update and maintain the accuracy of BOM, Routing and In-House Production Time in SAP system.
- Engineering roles and responsibilities in EC and MRB.
- Participate in new parts/vendors qualification and First Article Evaluation.
- Participate in / lead kaizen events to achieve continuous improvement on productivity, output and quality.
- Cell and Work Station layout with Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Design Jigs & Fixtures and implement Process improvement to reduce variation and improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Provide technical support in Intertek, MetLab, UL/CSA audits and product registration.
- Comply and adhere to company Quality Management System and Environment, Health & Safety Management System requirements
- Minimum Diploma / Degree in Mechatronics, Electrical/Electronics, Industrial, Production or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 to 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- More than 5 years of related experience in manufacturing / production environment for the Senior position.
- Experience in jig & fixture design with AutoCAD.
- Good working knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Keen to learn and eager to excel technically.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of staff, both locally and overseas.
- Knowledge of FMEA and DOE.
- Knowledge of SAP system.
- Knowledge in Optics is highly preferred.
- Systematic in problem solving approach.
- Experience in GMP , FDA and ISO audits
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Req ID: LEI004190