Danaher Corporation Senior / Software Developer, R&D in Singapore, Singapore
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
Essential Duties, Critical Success Factors, Responsibilities, Authorities and Required Interactions:
• Works closely with our local and offshore Software Development, Applications and Research associates, and other functions to design and develop software products and capabilities. Ensure development process and product alignment during project execution. • Work in C#/.NET, WPF to develop, maintain, support and troubleshoot applications. • Analyzes problems to deliver creative, logical, and effective solutions using good design principles that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements. • Committed to on-time delivery and high quality • Implements software modules and unit tests and conducts appropriate module testing. • Detects, reports, investigates, and fixes product defects • Mentors less senior team members, and peer reviews product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc. • Follows established practices of agile methodologies, i.e. test-driven development, that will ensure high quality software. • Evaluates new software development technologies, tools and practices. Recommend adoption of new tools. • Works collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the research and development teams. • Ensure compliance of operations within area of concern with all relevant EHS regulatory requirement and SCIEX safety policies, procedures and guidelines • Other duties/ ad hoc tasks as assigned.
• Experience with C /C and other languages an added advantage. • Experience of controlling peripheral devices (user-level drivers). • Experience with development and integration of software in tight collaboration with hardware engineers. • Prior experience of working with offshore development teams is desirable. • Experience with agile methodologies, test driven development, Domain specific languages, distributed data management. • Experience with developing software for life sciences or medical device products.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Min 6 years’ experience in designing and developing applications using OOP/OOD with at least 3 years of experience in C#/.NET. Experience with C or other OO languages an asset.
• Experience with design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision- making skills.
• Proven team player with experience collaborating in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel
• Excellent time-management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Req ID: SCI002779