Danaher Corporation Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Purchasing) in Singapore, Singapore
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
You will be responsible for timely supply of material to Production to fulfil
delivery according to customer request dates. You are also expected to
drive inventory turn improvement and work closely with suppliers to ensure
Key Performance Indicators targets are met.
- Ensure smooth material supply to Production to meet customer demand.
- Understand kanban processes. Utilize appropriate pull options to achieve balance between material availability and inventory level.
- Work closely with Order Fulfillment and Production teams to manage upward and downward changes in customer demand.
- Improve Supplier On-time-delivery (OTD) performance.
- Monitor suppliers' stock level to ensure agreed stock is maintained.
- Create supplier information in SAP for new materials and update system when there are changes.
- Visit suppliers every quarter to build up relationship.
- Manage material purchasing activities to drive towards design inventory level in value and turns.
- Use Inventory Management at Gemba (IMAG) methodology to monitor inventory level and problem solve for material with stock out risk and high gaps.
- Investigate and drive to root cause for materials with high inventory.
- Implement appropriate temporary and permanent counter-measures to close gaps
- Lead DMP kaizen and improvement projects to improve inventory performance. Sustain for 3 months to ensure actions implemented sticks
- Place purchasing orders to suppliers according to kanban process.
- Provide timely update to Production on material availability for stock outs and past due materials during daily gemba walks.
- Ensure IMAG charts are updated in a timely manner
- Conduct DMP audits and address gaps identified.
- Support in clearing of blocked invoices, COGI, Aging Quantity Contracts (QC) and Physical Inventory counts.
- Participate in Daily Usage (DU) reviews. Use appropriate processes such as spike or kanban size adjustments when there are significant changes in customer demands.
- Analyze suppliers' safety stock level and take necessary corrective actions.
- Follow up with action items in Inventory Action Plan to achieve inventory targets.
- Apply DBS tools such as Problem Solving Process and Transactional Process Improvement to identify and close gaps in kanban processes.
- Use Danaher Kanban Calculator to drive inventory to design levels.
- Actively participate in DMS kaizen.
- Lead in DMS kaizen and process improvement projects.
- Keep abreast of DBS tools, such as 5S, DMS, SW, PSP, TPI to drive continuous improvement with sustainable results.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Team Leader or Manager.
- Comply and adhere to regulatory, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and company’s EHS requirement.
- Drive inventory and process improvement projects.
- Coach and develop new supply chain analyst.
- Diploma or Degree in a relevant discipline. Preferably with experience in supply chain or manufacturing.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in supply chain.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3 or related ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience in Supply Chain related activities – supplier management, inventory control and demand forecasting
- Basic experience in logistics management
- Flexibility in work hours to interface with supplier
- Exposure in LVHM environment (Low volume high mix)
- Knowledge in Kanban System.
- Versatile and be open to other supply chain roles
- Positive mindset with relentless drive for success
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with all levels of personnel, especially suppliers
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Southeast Asia-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Req ID: LEI004073