Danaher Corporation Accounts Receivable Manager in Sterling, Virginia
Danaher Company Description
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement. OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor role directs and coordinates the functions including customer credit analysis, invoicing, cash receipts, collections, bad debt, reserve analysis, revenue recognition and sales tax reporting. This role is focused on creating practical and impactful business solutions and supporting the business in the achievement of managing customer relationships, cash collection and supporting the sales teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the accounts receivable process to generate customer invoices on a daily, contractual or monthly basis depending on customer agreements ensuring accurate invoicing and the shortest business cycle from customer invoice to cash collection
- Issuance of debit or credit memos to customers as a result of inaccurate invoicing, product returns or cancellation of services in accordance with customer agreements
- Preparation of Manual Invoices for all contractual project work that does not conform with our system functionality
- Preparation of Manual Pro-forma invoices upon request from customer
- Daily distribution of customer invoices
- Weekly AR Reporting and DSO metrics management
- Serve as resident expert in new Revenue Recognition Standard
- Responsible for the daily bank deposits
- Contract Review and Contract Summary preparation with regard to revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP guidance
- Ensure all customer setups are appropriate to facilitate proper sales tax requirements for drop ship items, software delivery and shipments based on destination state
- Secure and Maintain customer tax exemption and Reseller forms including other compliance or legal requirements for proper invoice generation
- Coordinate and collaborate with Sales, Sales Admin for Order Entry, Contracts, and Project teams to research and develop solutions to customer issues concerning invoicing, service performance or product failure impacting collections
- Manage the daily cash application process ensuring all cash receipts are applied timely to the proper customer account and specific invoices being paid including resolution of payment discrepancies (short pay, overpayment, tax withholding etc)
- Process customer credit card orders on a daily basis
- Management of Customer Advance Payments and subsequent application to invoices
- Ensure all customer payments under Letters of Credit are processed properly
- Management of the collections process determining the most effective and economical means of collection applying standard due diligence practices and collection correspondence to ensure customer accounts are paid within the established terms including continual evaluation and recommendation with regard to the effectiveness of collection policies and procedures
- Participate in the bid/quote process to conduct credit analysis on all customers placing orders and recommend payment terms and credit limits to the Sr. Controller.
- Design, evaluate and recommend more efficient means of gathering and reporting key accounts receivable metrics to management on a monthly basis to facilitate sound business decisions
- Participate in the month end close process for all AR functional areas
- Prepare monthly bad debt analysis on past due accounts documenting collection efforts, current status and recommendations for bad debt reserve or write-off, maintain bankruptcy files on customers, or recommend services to be stopped for non -payment
- Responsible for training, managing and mentoring of Sutron employees to develop a better understanding of the accounts receivable and revenue recognition process through partnerships ensuring a complete and accurate financial close process
- Serve as the lead for the integration or implementation of accounts receivable for system implementation or integration efforts
- Also responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing to include journal entries and wage vacation, commission and severance accruals, salary expense and direct labor analysis support.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field or minimum or 5 years related experience, highly desired
- Knowledge of rules and regulations relating to customer credit, the procedural and legal aspects of collections
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrating diplomacy, professionalism, ability to negotiate positive outcomes both internally and externally
- Analytical skills and attention to detail necessary to effectively analyze data and create meaningful, understandable reports and metrics.
- Strong project management, analytical and research skills with a demonstrated ability to drive projects from inception through completion and increase efficiency of existing processes.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills necessary to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and effectively handle tight deadlines to ensure all accounts receivable documentation is organized and filed on a timely basis
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, collaborative, high volume, growth-oriented work environment
Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
Critical Competencies and Leadership Anchors:
Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause. (Charts the Course)
Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility. (Charts the Course)
Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
Actively participates in cross functional brainstorming sessions. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
Consistently drives high quality, on-time results. (Leads through DBS)
Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Acts with Integrity)
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear; the employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change. //The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation./
Pre-Employment Testing :
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-VA-Sterling
Req ID: OTT000036