Danaher Corporation Electronics Test Technician in Sterling, Virginia
Danaher Company Description
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement. OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, world-class organization and close-knit team with significant opportunity for professional growth. We offer many formal and informal learning opportunities and you will be expected to stretch your accounting and finance abilities, as well as grow your understanding of what it is to be a part of a global business.
We are seeking a talented Electronics Test Technician with experience in testing and troubleshooting electronic boards and equipment. Selected individual will conduct a variety of electronic and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies and parts to ensure operation in accordance with specification. In addition, an Electronics Test Technician applies knowledge of electronic principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills to ensure equipment is in quality operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Rigorous testing of electronic equipment and boards using company software. * Manual and automatic test the electronic circuits. * Perform rework and update software to current version. * Debug circuit boards. * Diagnose and isolate malfunction to component level with use of schematic and troubleshooting guides. * Perform functions associated with all manufacturing operations including set-up, calibration, and analysis and troubleshooting of circuits, components and electronic assemblies. * Utilize test equipment, PC workstation and tools such as DVM, signal generator, multimeter, frequency counter, oscilloscope, DC power supply, solder workstation, power screw driver.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES AND LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
- Teamwork : Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results
- Communication : Clearly organizes and expresses information and ideas to meet the needs of the organization in an appropriate fashion
- Technical Skills : Understands and uses the appropriate equipment and / or technology to achieve the desired outcomes safely, efficiently, and effectively
- Results Orientation : The tendency to keep the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work clearly in mind, by setting goals and focusing on them until they are achieved
- Attention to Detail : A concern for ensuring that work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Customer Service : Effectively performs actions and provide assistance that focus on the needs of the customer and / or co-workers; develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills : The ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Interpersonal Awareness : The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
- Self-Management : Performs independently with minimal oversight to achieve organizational and institutional goals while conducting all aspects of the job in accordance with prescribed regulations and guidelines; employs a sense of honesty and truthfulness regarding the motivations for one’s actions (ethics & integrity)
- Professional and Technical Knowledge : Understanding and utilizing policies, procedures, technology, regulations, stakeholder interests, as well as economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose and identify key issues, when developing strategies and plans.
- Organizational Knowledge : An understanding of Hach’s mission, various stakeholder groups, and organizational structure.
- AS degree in electronic field or/and equivalent technical experience;
- Willing to work and passion for learning.
This is an entry to medium level position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionall y required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds .
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. // The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-VA-Sterling
Req ID: OTT000060