Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Sturtevant, Wisconsin
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
TheManufacturing Engineerplans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes for medical device products, and supports Operations in a way to assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. Works with multiple departs such as Lean Leadership, Operations, Quality Assurance, R&D, Procurement, and Regulatory Affairs to improve existing product designs and processes to increase throughput, decrease operational costs, or improve quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide improvement and sustaining engineering support for existing production lines working with Operations and outside Vendors to create methods/process to improve capacities with production, work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Develop manufacturing funnel savings plan for processes with OP improvements from 1.5 to 2 times the needed targets. Funnel alignment through work scope.
- Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing and inspection processes and procedures by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Support and/or perform equipment, process validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) and assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide process development engineering support for new product development projects by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Initiate equipment modifications to improve productivity and product quality.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate the development of manufacturing equipment.
- Lead the maintenance department to improve machine reliability/reduce downtime and define equipment maintenance requirements.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Assist with procurement on Cost Savings projects
- Assist with resolving issues with suppliers.
- Assist with repairing equipment and tooling.
- Assist with performing process failure mode effects analyses.
- Work with management to establish project timeliness, project justification, and budget forecasts.
- Act as resource for operational departments for materials, equipment and process upgrades.
- Must demonstrate responsibility for the quality and financial aspects of the company.
- Pursue and participate in company LEAN initiatives.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Any other jobs/duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field or related discipline from an accredited university.
- 3 years experience in a manufacturing work environment.
- 2 years work experience with 3D model printing, metal soldering/welding, polishing cleaning of metals and components, automated service within robotics and wire bending preferred.
- 1 year experience demonstrated hands on project management showing leadership ability to drive projects from start to end.
- 1 year experience generating and implement capital spending projects within budgeted annual plans with responsibility ranging from $50K and increasing to $1M in spend.
Proficient in MS Office and SOLIDWORKS, CAD/CAM or other similar software.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Experience in the design and support of automation equipment and production lines is desirable.
- Must be able to work alone and on teams with good interpersonal and
- leadership qualities to get assigned tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Must possess effective and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess good organizational and prioritization skills in order to maintain and
- address multiple assigned projects and expectations.
- Experienced in the design and development of fixtures, automation workstations, accounting for work and process flow.
- Must be able to focus on all details and requirements of current medical device
- product development.
Must be able to present ideas in a clear and concise manner through various tools or software and gain approval from various levels of the organization.
- Experience working with FDA, CAPA systems, validation, and regulated industries.
- Experience and exposure to mainstream manufacturing technologies such as CNC's, molding, grinding, automation within manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Solid Works or other solid modeling software.
Project Management experience.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WI-Sturtevant
Req ID: ORM001422