Danaher Corporation SAP FICO Solutions Architect in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
- Position Summary:
The SAP FICO Solutions Architect will be responsible for applying business and technical expertise to design, implement and support new business capabilities into Cepheid’s SAP systems and recommend SAP and Accounting best practices.
This role will lead or participate in local or global projects across Finance and Controlling areas. The applicant should review the company’s financial processes and provide recommendations on process improvements using SAP. The applicant is expected to drive continuous improvements and SAP best practices in support of the company vision and roadmap.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Establish relationships with Finance /Controlling/FP&A super users, in US and globally.
• Facilitate design workshops (Blueprint), assessments, planning sessions for projects.
• Manage implementation projects in alignment with Cepheid IT’s methodologies and governance model.
• Collaborate with Finance users and across other departments to gain a deep understanding of their business processes and requirements.
• Create Solution Designs for Small, Medium and Large sized project
• Write functional specifications for enhancement, reports, etc. when needed.
• Configure SAP Finance and Controlling module as per the requirements from the Business practices.
• Effectively collaborate with onshore or offshore team for delivering solutions.
• Provide support to end users for issue resolution, user acceptance testing, and training.
• Support SAP Finance master data administration.
• Ensure that the Tax systems are well supported with the changes in Global tax laws.
- Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Business, (or related) or the equivalent in work experience.
• 10 years of experience in the Information technology profession focused on ERP design and management.
• 7 years of SAP FICO related modules with SAP configuration and implementation experience.
• Experience working with Third Party systems for outbound and inbound interfaces, familiarity with IDOC configuration, Concur Travel and Expenses, Workday and P-card system.
• Experience with Vertex tax integration with SAP, setting up tax codes and integration points of tax within Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes.
• Deep understanding of the integration with other ECC modules (especially MM, PP and SD)
• Experience working on new rollouts with Country specific local legal requirements pertaining to APAC / EMEA
• Experience with SAP CO-PA, Product Costing and Material Ledger
• Experience on transfer pricing and intercompany markup projects.
• Ability to identify, clarify and resolve project issues and risks as needed.
• Good analytical problem solving and fact-finding skills.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong relationship building skills, internally within IT and with business users.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to work independently.
• Background in healthcare or life sciences industry is preferred.
• Certification in SAP FICO module is preferred.
• Experience in Business Intelligence or BPC
• Experience working on US GAAP, IFRS and Lease Accounting for Revenue management
• Experience with S4/HANA or Simple Finance
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP004525
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.