Danaher Corporation Sr. Field Service Engineer in Tampa, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Provide technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for Leica.
- Provide installation support, maintenance, modification and/or repair on various microscopes
- Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external customers within established time guidelines in order to meet customer’s expectations
- Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner in order to comply with ISO, FDA, and Leica policies.
- Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service engineers with system configurations and upgrades, and provide input on ways to improve financial performance in order to generate service revenue.
- Broaden knowledge and experience to improve product, application and professional development skills.
- Maintain spare parts stock within budgetary limits in order to maximize “Fast Time Fix” repair metrics.
- Represent the company in a professional manner in order to install confidence within current and prospective customers of Leica SP products.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
- 3 years electrical, electronic or electromechanical industry experience
- Associates or Bachelors’ Degree preferred. Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience will be considered.
- Field service experience
- Experience with OS installation and PC repair
- Laser experience
- Vacuum and pressure experience on instruments
- Optics and microscopy experience
- 75% local and out of state
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions or for training
- Frequent overnight travel, often with short notice. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Hold a current valid US driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required
- Hold a valid US passport
Leica Microsystems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NC-Durham
Req ID: LEI004193