Danaher Corporation Toolmaker in Thousand Oaks, California
Danaher Company Description
Implant Direct is one of the fastest growing major dental implant companies in the world today. We’re one of the many operating companies within Danaher Corporation’s dynamic portfolio of dental companies.
Implant Direct operates a state of the art manufacturing facility in Thousand Oaks, California. We manufacture and distribute a broad range of value priced surgical, prosthetic and regenerative solutions to dental professionals in the US, Canada, and around the globe. We design and develop products which make high quality implants more accessible to patients around the world. We educate dentists on how to place implants and improve their patient care.
If you are interested in working in a lean, fast moving, entrepreneurial environment where you can learn, grow and make a difference, join us at Implant Direct.
JOB SUMMARY: Sets up and operates conventional and CNC machines to fabricate metal and nonmetal parts by applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, materials, and layout techniques.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece and setup requirements to determine optimal programming / machining sequence of operations.
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on materials or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls, as required. Monitors machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
- Inspect / verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Set-up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings.
- Provide estimation of time required to produce a finished part.
*MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: * To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred with a minimum of five (5) years machining experience in prototype or tooling type environment; or a combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability read and interpret documents in English, such as operating procedures and general instructions, machine manuals, employee handbook, company policies and departmental procedures, etc. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense, understanding, and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or blueprint form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of conventional and CNC lathes, mills, tool grinders, etc. in the tooling department.
- Competent in basic math skills and a thorough knowledge of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to read, understand and retain working knowledge of procedures, company documents, engineering drawings, instructional diagrams, basic programming codes.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometer and calipers.
- Knowledge of materials and heat treating/stress relieving procedures.
- Knowledge of Solidworks, MasterCam or PowerMill is a plus.
- Knowledge Microsoft: Word and Excel, and Google Enterprise a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects. The employees frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear and will occasionally be required to bend, stoop, kneel and climb stairs. Physical requirements include physical dexterity, such as kneeling, bending, and the ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds. Lifting of 25 pounds or more is not required without assistance.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Implant Direct offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Benefits include: Medical and dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, group term life & AD&D, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, and paid vacation and holidays. Please visit our website at www.implantdirect.com for more information about our innovative company.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Implant Direct
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Thousand Oaks
Req ID: IMP000578